Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Poll: Who won, Chavez jr. or Zbik?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
    What this fight shows is that JCCJ is not an elite material AND WILL IN ALL LIKELIHOOD NEVER BE in that league. This is obvious.

No trainer dead or alive (Futch, Arcel, Steward, Beristain, Amato, Roach, Garcias, Richardson, and the grate ****ing Norman Stone, ) can make this kid rise above mediocrity.
    I agree with that. I think he has improved a lot from a couple years ago but he'll never be able to beat the top guys. And that's not a knock on him it's just reality, and it's nearly impossible to be an elite fighter in boxing, only a very small percentage can say they are elite.

Comment

I thought junior who won but it was a close fight that could have gone either way.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
        I agree with that. I think he has improved a lot from a couple years ago but he'll never be able to beat the top guys. And that's not a knock on him it's just reality, and it's nearly impossible to be an elite fighter in boxing, only a very small percentage can say they are elite.
        I agree with most except the "improved a lot from a couple of years ago". What JCCJ's camp did in this fight is to bulk him up ensuring there is VERY large size differential b/c the camp knew he was gonna tagged often but at least not from excessive power punches.
        Knowing this, I doubt they would someone with good accurate power punches in the future. If JCCJ's were to lose to a slick boxer, he probably will just get cut but not KTFO. Having said that, the kid got a lot of heart. Can't **** on him for not trying.

And the fact he started WAY late doesn't help him out. Many of the elite boxers are discovered from relative obscurity like Erik Morales. This, to me is what is great about boxing and sports in general. Hey, I don't see Michael Jordan pushing his son to da NBA. Knowwhaimsaying?

Comment

Chavez Jr won it 8-4.

Comment

zbik but it was a very close fight

Comment

Working...
            X