No announcement yet.

Martial Arts Tournament

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    I saw that back in the day (WCC) and again recently. Pretty good fights. Renzo dominated that tournament and the best fight was when James Warring held onto that kickboxer's ponytail with his left hand and kept punching him in the face with his right until he got the TKO.
    Erik Paulson was more of a ground fighte ,not sure why he was in the strikers bracket his style is more submission wrestling . Either way pretty stupid going into any MMA fight if rules allow you to pull hair ,thats how Royce eventually controlled Kimo on his back and avoided getting pounded .

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      I had tickets to that battlecade until Mayor Guilaino pulled it from N.Y prior to the event.
      That sucks. I seem to recall something like that happening.

You get a refund?

Comment

I saw Gracie/Taktarov not too long ago. It was the fight that made the up kick famous, since Renzo knocked Oleg down with one and then scored the KO with a follow up right to the face.

Comment

I liked Renzo better too because he actually worked on learning some boxing in addition to his BJJ.
          My first instructor was a Renzo affiliate.

He was a boxer/kickboxer before he found GJJ in the late 80s-early 90s and started cross-training with Renzo. Renzo knew the value of cross training even back then.

Comment

Yeah he did and does. Wish he'd have given Royce the memo sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
              That sucks. I seem to recall something like that happening.

You get a refund?
              I dont believe so that went in the shadows pretty quickly .

Comment

Yeah he did and does. Wish he'd have given Royce the memo sooner.
                Royce trained regularly with Rickson who from what i seen is Gracie top striker by form ,hes much more deliberate with the striking intensity and clinch set ups...still puzzles me why he out priced himself out of every major event . Royce had the blue print in front of him but never advanced himself like that until late in career but he was no Rickson in the striking skills .

Comment

Working...
                X