Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should There Be a Mayweather-Pacquiao Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should There Be a Mayweather-Pacquiao Rematch?

So to me, there is plenty of controversy surrounding & continued debate over the first Mayweather vs Pacquiao fight. Considering that, the fact that Pacquiao did well against Bradley & is healthy, should there be a May vs Pac II?
    Yes, since Pacquiao's healthy, he deserves another shot
    40.98%
    No, Mayweather beat Pacquiao once, he'll do it again
    38.05%
    No, they'd have to pay me to watch Mayweather vs Pacquiao again
    20.98%

The poll is expired.

No. Floyd easily won and Pac is a great fighter but Floyd is once-in-a-lifetime special type fighter. Floyd retired and Pac should follow suit.

no interest

Comment

Yes off course if Floyd needs to redeem himself from his fluke win and his IV gate scandal.

Nothing was concluded that night.. Floyd needs to redeem himself. His last 2 fights was a bore fest. He owes it to his fans.

Chronicles of the Biggest sports Heist in History

When there is a crime you look at clues of events that transpired.You trace the evidences that are left.

People Lie, but what doesn't lie are evidences trapped in time in a form of a video of the truth that transpired in that strange night of boxing.

It's very obvious when you watch the fight that Mayweather was missing badly, but the judges were counting them.

Slowmo video is meant to show who really connected in that round and who truly deserved it. It is even more accurate because you can tell which punches really connected throughout the fight.

We need to spread this brilliant video so the fans can see who really won the fight. But I knew the fight was a joke from the beginning because Pacquiao wasn't gonna get his hands raised in Vegas.

Here is the truth. The rounds that should have gone to Manny. Rounds that if it were counted correctly. It would have made it 9-4 for Pac,

Since these 5 rounds in these videos were given to floyd, when in fact it shouldnt have.

There are 5 videos, of 8 rounds, rounds 2,3,6,7,8,9,10,12
      in these videos.

Rounds 2,3,7,8,12 were given to Floyd unanimously (video disputed)

Rounds 9,10 only 1 judge gave to Floyd (video disputed)

Round 4 and 6 are unanimous to Pac on all 3 judges.

The 7 rounds are in question. If Pac gets the 7 rounds plus the 2 unanimous rounds. It's a 9/3 Pac.

Judge for yourself.

Unbiased video showing all of landed shots of both parties per 3 minute round. Unedited, unspliced round by round documented shots.

Enjoy! Pac was the true winner.

Round 2

Round 3

Round 6,7,8

Last edited by Spoon23; 04-16-2016, 01:10 AM.

Comment

I would much prefer that the whole thing could be put behind us.

Comment

Link: http://www.nj.com/sports/ledger/izen...against_a.html

A piece of the article:

By: JERRY IZENBERG

Roach: "Look, if he means it about retiring, then more power to him, He's earned it. But if he changes his mind after what I saw tonight, yes, I would encourage him and I would not hesitate to train him again.

"When I see Manny Pacquiao like that, this is the best Manny Pacquiao. He hasn't missed a beat. I would like to see him fight again."

And there are big fights out there for him. Canelo Alvarez and Amir Kahn would draw big numbers. And then, of course, anybody who understands boxing knows that when Pacquiao tore his shoulder before and during the Mayweather fight, nothing — absolutely nothing — was truly settled on that night.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Floyd about Manny:

When Floyd was asked who was his top three toughest opponent, he was quoted by boxingscene.com: "I can say that none of them were easy. Although I must say that Canelo was tough....Miguel Cotto [was tough]. Manny Pacquiao was very tough. Pacquiao is very good. He was better than I thought."

4th and 5th videos of the first fight here:

Round 9,10

Round 12

[/QUOTE]

Even Duran knows there is unfinished business between the 2.

Now that pac has a healed shoulder. He knows Pac can win it convincingly.

@ 1:00

Last edited by Spoon23; 04-13-2016, 07:18 PM.

Comment

He calls himself money. The last fight with pac was richest in history. Pac had a legit injury & is now fit. Floyd had questionable iv drip. Floyd re matched lesser fighters for less money. Floyd thinks he wins he gets to 50-0
            If there's no rematch it makes floyd look weaK & scared

Comment

Yes because i want to see his fans cry again.

Comment

Everyone please cast your votes. Not sure why the site has the thread posted before the poll. Maybe I'm not catching something in the order of posting them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  No. Floyd easily won and Pac is a great fighter but Floyd is once-in-a-lifetime special type fighter. Floyd retired and Pac should follow suit.

no interest
                  So you wouldn't watch it, Fetta? I find that hard to believe as you tout yourself an avid fight fan.

Comment

What does it prove?

1. Both are old
                    2. None of them are competing for the sport
                    3. It has no impact on any of the rankings
                    4. Both are millionaires set for life
                    5. Both are past prime
                    6. Both have adapted their style to suit their age
                    7. They both have a ton of wear and tear on their bodies
                    8. Neither guy has scored a legitimate KO since 2009 (Pac over Cotto)

So it's not going to be an exciting fight, it's not going to be a relevant fight, it's basically a cash grab that once again takes advantage of boxing's casual fanbase that only cares about names.

These casual fans are going to buy into this fight, it will be even more boring and boxing will be the butt of all jokes once again.

So my answer is, no there shouldn't be a rematch. Resources need to be used to build fights like Postol/Crawford, Garcia/Thurman, Wilder and Joshua/Fury, Kovalev/Ward, GGG/Canelo, etc. before UFC wipes boxing off the map which seems more and more like a reality as these fights aren't getting done.

Comment

Working...
                    X