Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familiar with Wale Omotoso (Jesse Vargas' opponent tonight)?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
    I've bet Vargas tonight. I've watched some tape of Wale. Strong, durable fighter. Serious power. But careless and slow. Unimpressive in fights where he was supposed to impress. I think Vargas is gonna win a boring, clear decision.

Lots of jabbing. Lots of clinching.
    Hmm, I've seen him once or twice on TR undercard streams, didn't get that impression. He almost got stopped in 1 rd vs journeyman Calvin Odom. TBF Odom is the bigger guy

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
      yah lol...but maybe omotoso can break freddie roach's losing streak.
      Maybe, i was gonna parlay a decent bet on Vargas and Bradley but Vargas has me worried so I dropped it all on Tim and then just put 10 on the parlay. I think Vargas will win but you never know when a guy is just "alright" and his opponent is a big puncher with confidence.

Comment

I've seen a very limited amount of footage on Omotoso, just from undercards he'd been on and some random clips on youtube. As others have said, his power seems impressive, but he has some really bag habits and tends to get frustrated easily.

Based on everything I've seen from both guys I wouldn't expect Omotoso to beat Vargas tonight.

Here's some vids for 'ya to check out, incase you hadn't seen them.

Here's the KO from the Koswara fight.

Here's a link to his fight with Larry Smith, as well.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqg...ry-smith_sport

EDIT : And here's his fight with Daniel Sostre, picked up from round 3.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xtm...-up-rd-3_sport
        Last edited by ßringer; 03-16-2013, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
          Here's the thing tho, when has Vargas impressed? At least you said Omotoso has serious power. What about Vargas jumps at you? Fighters like Vargas usually can't deal with fighters like Omotoso (from what I've read).

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          I think that the only advantage Wale has in this fight, is power. Nothing necessarily has to jump out at me about Vargas. I just simply think that he has nearly every advantage in this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            Hmm, I've seen him once or twice on TR undercard streams, didn't get that impression. He almost got stopped in 1 rd vs journeyman Calvin Odom. TBF Odom is the bigger guy
            I'm not sure what you're implying here. That because he was almost stopped once, he's not durable, or that because he's wasn't bigger than a guy, he's not durable.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
              I think that the only advantage Wale has in this fight, is power. Nothing necessarily has to jump out at me about Vargas. I just simply think that he has nearly every advantage in this fight.
              Power is definitely the only advantage Omotoso has here. Vargas is definitely the more technically sound and diverse fighter of the two.

The only way Omotoso can win this fight in my eyes is to land a hail mary punch that puts Vargas in deep ****. He could probably break Vargas down with body punching since he has such nasty power, but I've not seen anything from Omotos thus far that indicates he's intelligent enough to go that route.

He'll likely be headhunting all night long and missing wildly en route to a UD loss.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
                Power is definitely the only advantage Omotoso has here. Vargas is definitely the more technically sound and diverse fighter of the two.

The only way Omotoso can win this fight in my eyes is to land a hail mary punch that puts Vargas in deep ****. He could probably break Vargas down with body punching since he has such nasty power, but I've not seen anything from Omotos thus far that indicates he's intelligent enough to go that route.

He'll likely be headhunting all night long and missing wildly en route to a UD loss.
                I agree 100%. Outside of landing the big shot, I just don't see how he wins.

Comment

He looks like a dime store version of Eromosele Albert.

Comment

Working...
                  X