No announcement yet.

U.S. Marines in Afghanistan urinating on dead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] U.S. Marines in Afghanistan urinating on dead

Pentagon officials vowed Wednesday that a video posted online purportedly showing U.S. Marines in Afghanistan urinating on dead Taliban fighters will be "fully investigated."

The video appeared to surface first on YouTube shortly before midnight Tuesday. It includes a caption indicating that the Marines were members of Scout Sniper Team 4, a Marine Corps unit that has served on the front lines of the war in Afghanistan this year.

The footage, lasting just 39 seconds, shows four Marines in full combat gear urinating on the bodies of three dead men, bearded and dressed in traditional Afghan garb. The Marines can be heard laughing and joking. "Have a great day, buddy," one says.

The desecration of corpses during wartime violates military law and can lead to court-martial.

Capt. Gregory Wolf, a Marine Corps spokesman said in an email that neither the origin nor authenticity of the video had been confirmed. He added that the "actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our corps."

"This matter will be fully investigated," Wolf said.

The video quickly went viral, appearing on hundreds of websites. On Wednesday afternoon, the Council on American-Islamic Relations released a statement condemning its contents.

"If verified as authentic, the video shows behavior that is totally unbecoming of American military personnel and that could ultimately endanger other soldiers and civilians," said Nihad Awad, the group's national executive director.

The person apparently responsible for posting the video on YouTube, identified as "semperfiLoneVoice" -- a reference to the Marine Corps motto Semper Fidelis, or "always faithful" -- did not respond to an email requesting comment. The person's sentiments were made clear by the video's caption.

"i thought marines were suppose to do the right thing when no one is watching," it says.

desecrating the dead

although I have seen some pretty messed up videos of what they do to dead U.S. troops

Comment

SHAMEFUL, Completely shameful

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
        desecrating the dead

although I have seen some pretty messed up videos of what they do to dead U.S. troops
        Very true, but this kind of action doesn't encourage civility on either side. Its like when the scandal of Guantanamo was revealed, those vile and embarrassing acts feed the hatred of US soldiers.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          Very true, but this kind of action doesn't encourage civility on either side. Its like when the scandal of Guantanamo was revealed, those vile and embarrassing acts feed the hatred of US soldiers.
          **** I'm not even a GI and i'm liable to piss on a living human.

That has to at least count toward their defense somehow.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
            desecrating the dead

good point. . . it's vile and disgusting for anybody to desecrate the departed. . .

my muslim brethren do not deserve this treatment. . . we need to take our troops out of afghanistan. . . im not disrespecting the troops, but i hope they realize they have no business being over there. . . it's just SETTING US BACK, rather than progressing the ultimate goal of peace and prosperity.

Comment

I do not condone, NOR do I look down on these Marines' actions. Those actions are not in accordance with being a professional warrior. But at the same token gentlemen, war is a very nasty business. It is Hell.

Comment

LOL@ the anti-American propaganda, couldn't find any stories where they were eating babies or something?
                Last edited by titanium; 01-12-2012, 06:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
                  LOL@ the anti-American propaganda, couldn't find any stories where they were eating babies or something?
                  it's not like he made any of it up

Comment

Shocking man .I loss all respect for troops when they behave like that .In combat they should have respect for all religions and creeds and also act without passion or hatred .Tht's acting like stupid we amatuers man , degrading

Comment

Working...
                    X