Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: "GBP is trying to stop Pac-Margarito when they're entitled to 25% of profits.."

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum: "GBP is trying to stop Pac-Margarito when they're entitled to 25% of profits.."

excerpts from Kevin Iole's article today
    Aug 20, 2010

Arum, though, pointed out that Golden Boy still has a piece of Pacquiao and will be entitled to 25 percent of the profits from Pacquiao’s side from the Margarito fight.

“Given that Oscar is saying Margarito should be banned for life, ask him if he’ll accept the profits from the fight,” Arum said. “If he does not, I will guarantee that I will donate the entire amount to charity.”
    http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...ingnotes082010
    Last edited by SuckaPunch; 08-20-2010, 03:16 PM.

Basically they want to stop the fight so that they can replace Margarito with Marquez.... Thus they make more money since they are the promoters of Marquez and I guess as the article says take 25% of the profits from the Pacman side

Comment

lol. Show me the money!

Comment

Originally posted by SuckaPunch View Post
        excerpts from Kevin Iole's article today
        Aug 20, 2010

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news?slu...ingnotes082010
        Ouch Oscar being called out on his own "theories"

Obviously he cant accept money from a fight that he condemned, or can he?

Comment

Originally posted by spidey17 View Post
          Basically they want to stop the fight so that they can replace Margarito with Marquez.... Thus they make more money since they are the promoters of Marquez and I guess as the article says take 25% of the profits from the Pacman side
          Exactly. Not that difficult to see.

Comment

Where are all the idiots who say DLH doesn't make money off Pacquiao?

Comment

Any fighter who pays a promoter who makes 25% off of a boxer who only owns a piece of him when that fighter already has to pay his own promoter needs to be taken out back and shot. Either someone is lying, or you guys don't know your arithmetic lol...
              Last edited by Frank Ducketts; 08-20-2010, 03:27 PM.

Comment

How does GBP's earn 25% of PAc, when Arum has a percentage to be taken off the top as well? WTF is going on with boxing fans lol... 5% if anything is what GBP's is entitled to lol...

Comment

how is golden boy making a profit from pacquiao?

Comment

25?

I wonder sometimes do these promoters realize what is actually coming out of their mouth, when they reveal stuff like this.

Then again, Bob Arum probably doesn't read Boxingscene. Because if he did he wouldn't have said that

Comment

Working...
                    X