No announcement yet.

Stephen Hawking - This Is the Most Dangerous Time for Our Planet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    The thing with Hawking is that people believe him and think he's more intelligent than he really is because he sounds like a computer.

He's obviously very intelligent but most of his theories on life and why we exist are just a guess, no more accurate than mine and yours.

I heard he can get an erection now though, they just disabled his pop up blocker.
    I highly doubt his theories are just guesses. In science if all you do is guess with no research or scientific method, you would be a laughing stock, and Stephen Hawking is far from that. If you rephrase your comment and say that Hawking's theory's suck because you can't understand the research behind it...that's okay, physics is HARD, it's not something we learn like 2+2=4. I stayed the hell away from "college physcis" when I had the chance to take it, and that's okay, you don't have to know everything, but if someone knows more than you, don't get intimidated and say they're just guessing

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      I highly doubt his theories are just guesses. In science if all you do is guess with no research or scientific method, you would be a laughing stock, and Stephen Hawking is far from that. If you rephrase your comment and say that Hawking's theory's suck because you can't understand the research behind it...that's okay, physics is HARD, it's not something we learn like 2+2=4. I stayed the hell away from "college physcis" when I had the chance to take it, and that's okay, you don't have to know everything, but if someone knows more than you, don't get intimidated and say they're just guessing
      I've read his work. As i said, he is very intelligent and i understand where he's coming from and his research behind it.

I just believe he isn't any closer to an answer than anybody else on certain things.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
        I've read his work. As i said, he is very intelligent and i understand where he's coming from and his research behind it.

I just believe he isn't any closer to an answer than anybody else on certain things.
        so does Einstein & the rest of science world

basically they're just theories & nothing is still concrete especially in theoretical physics

Comment

Originally posted by MaD RoBoT View Post
          so does Einstein & the rest of science world

basically they're just theories & nothing is still concrete especially in theoretical physics
          Ahh Jennifer Connelly. The closest thing to a 10/10 for me.

Comment

Comment

Unless and until we develop 1) artificial gravity on space ships and 2) FTL (faster than light) engines there is not way we will be colonizing Mars, much less the moon.

The human body degrades in many ways without the effects of gravity. Men and women that live on the spacestation for even 6 months can't walk on their own when the come back to earth. Any longer and they become helpless cripples. It's ridiculous to think we can send people to Mars on a six month journey, expect them to live for a year on the surface and work efficiently and effectively, then take a six month journey back and still be a functioning person. Can't be done.

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                Humans worldwide have lost respect for what it means to be an "expert." That's what led to "Brexit" and Donald Trump's election. It makes sense, in some ways, but not in others;

On the one hand, we're overloaded with opinions as to what the "experts" (our leaders included) think we should do, only to find out that they're corrupt, or that what was promised didn't occur.

On the other hand, it is quite ignorant to dismiss knowledge as a whole. Even though all people are just that--people--there's no sense in outright dismissing discoveries that can be substantiated. There's a difference between opinion and research.

Disappointments the people have gone through each year of their lives have caused them to consider everyone and everything suspect. Moreover, of the utmost value now as much as ever--in the age of selfies and other manifestations of the rise of social media--are appearances and lifestyle.

That's why you have people like Kim Kardashian and Donald Trump being admired and emulated, instead of the usual model of following those most seen as driving society forward through social causes and the sort. In the past, society was able to mask status through those "causes," but, thanks to technology and the spread of information, no one is buying it anymore.

Let's be honest, there's a reason for this attitude toward experts and other kinds of leaders: If you look at the legacies of Steve Jobs, Obama, and even Stephen Hawking himself, for example, any kind of research leads to the discovery of immense contradictions.

Apple, despite its technological advances, has slave factories all over the world. Obama has taken part in starving millions of people to their deaths in Yemen and waging proxy wars for smartphone chips in Africa. Stephen Hawking, despite his quite logical call for equity, doesn't put his money where his mouth is. The people have noticed his hypocrisy, along with that of the rest.

Some on the thread have actually pointed this out; if you're going to say something, you need to lead by example. Asking other members of the elite to share their wealth is easy when you have no personal plan of distributing all those millions of dollars in your bank account. That's where Hawking undermines himself.

Asking the elite to share won't bring about change, either; people are greedy to the core, and will fight that as long as they can, just like even he will. As ignorant as those posters seem in criticizing his disability, they do make a point on that he could be using his intelligence for other matters, as well. Again, Hawking could achieve this leading by example.

What is Hawking really doing, then, if he's not wholeheartedly reaching out to the disenfranchised?

He's protecting his investments in science.

Read his piece, for it is self-explanatory. Hawking's article is merely an attempt to persuade the public that science is on their side. The self-helping motivations behind that are obvious.

This is the age of who you are, and what you have, right now. The hypocrisies of claiming otherwise are beginning to fade. This is the age of being beautiful and enjoyed, or otherwise being able to buy that for yourself (Donald Trump's own theory being "Grab 'em by the pu**y!") This is the age of respecting Big Ballers, and being readily brainwashed into believing it's fair for anyone to have more money than another person. This is the age of defending those Big Ballers by using cutthroat politics against minorities. This is the age of fighting for the last slice of pizza our masters were too full to reach for on the table.

This is the age of survival of the fittest, without lying about what that is. The people have caught on in some ways, although remaining in blissful ignorance overall.

Do I believe the elite's comfort will last? No. Eventually, huge portions of the population will suffer, and there will be push-back. However, robots and other forms of military all over the world shall be ready to keep the people who woke up too late in check.

I see no reason for the elite to stop, no equalizers. If anything, their oppression and brainwashing of societies will continue, as Earth loses its resources and economic markets change drastically due to the profits from technological advancement.

The human race is nearing its end; we're on the verge of discovering exactly why it is that we haven't encountered other species from outer space. There is something inherently evil within existence itself.

I wrote this post intending to defend Hawking's call, but look where I've been left--forced to acknowledge his hypocrisy.

Eventually, wealth will be all that remains, before everything goes. Relationships will cease to matter with time, as is currently occurring in Japan--a society perhaps serving as an example of our near future in how its culture both outlines and emulates increasing economic pressures versus societal expectations. Even the misguided push-back from White males in the West toward minorities, in part due to economic-based rejection by females, will be forced to look for other excuses to support its discrimination; our media shall succeed in brainwashing the future generations away from sexuality, morality, empathy, and anything else standing in the way of wealth. We will live as virtually as possible, until our species is eliminated through war.
                Last edited by SunSpace; 12-04-2016, 01:59 AM.

Comment

https://www.inverse.com/article/2368...s-surging-data

"For decades, Stephen Hawking has used math and science to explain the world around him — and now, he’s going to take the same mathematic approach to deciphering big data.

On Friday, Hawking launched a new institute called the Cantab Capital Institute for the Mathematics of Information (CCIMI) on Friday to task Ph.D. students at the University of Cambridge with finding new ways to analyze the seemingly endless streams of data we have at our fingertips."

"'The power of information only comes from the sophistication of the insights which that information lends itself to,' Hawking said. 'The purpose of using information, in this context, is to drive new insight.' That’s why the institute plans to 'drive forward the development of insight' via new mathematical tools.

These tools could affect everything from where people decide to live to how medical issues are diagnosed and many other aspects of our everyday lives.

CCIMI could also inform Hawking’s plans to search the stars for aliens and study A.I.. Both of those efforts will depend on massive amounts of data, and CCIMI could help unlock its secrets.

The institute is a joint effort from Cambridge’s Department of Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics (DAMTP) and Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics (DPMMS). Prospective students must apply by January 15 at the latest."

Something about this sounds similar to what Zuckerberg is also trying to do...doesn't it?

I wonder why.
                  Last edited by SunSpace; 12-04-2016, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
                    He's a cripple. His words are invalid. This is why we needed Hitler.
                    youre a complete blithering idiot.

Comment

Working...
                    X