Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Canelo can make 154 and wants to stay there whats the issue?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left2theliver View Post
    If he feels good after the Smith fight, and decides that he wants to stay at 154, I have no issues with that, so long as he stops talking about fighting GGG at 160. Either make that **** happen, or just shut up about it and move onto other ****.
    I agree. Stop poking the bear if You're not going to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
      There is no issue...he's gonna fight where he feels like it. Same as there's no issue with ggg staying at 160. Ggg fanboys are gonna complain and mock canelo the same way ward fanboys did to ggg tho.

What happened to the whole chasing greatness and daring to be great stuff tho?
      LOL im far from a Canelo fanboy..just asking a question

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
        I hear ya. Maybe some of those lions will move up. What do you think? Will Golovkin be more intriguing facing DeGale, Jack and Ramirez or the Charlos, J-Rock and Andrade? I know it's a middleweight champ facing smaller guys but damn, man. Look at history. Hagler's best match-ups- Duran, Hearns, Leonard coming up. Hopkins' best match-ups or at least high profile- Trinidad and DLH coming up or even Winky Wright at a CW. 160 has a long history of this. Not saying it's right. just making an observation. The old days of Robinson, Lamotta, Graziano, Basilio, Zale and Fullmer were something else, although a few of those moved up as well. Then again, many intriguing match-ups at welterweight were the same with Mosley, Pac, Marquez and others moving up. I don't know. It's hard to say. I do want to see GGG in a fight where I'm not ninety percent sure he'll destroy his opponent. And the Brook fight looks pretty pointless. I did a whole post on that one. I'm torn. Haha.
        When Jermall Charlo and Demetrius Andrade move to MW they will both dwarf GGG, in size, reach and weight (both walk around and fight night weight) That would be interesting fights.

Charlo is 6′ 0″ and Andrade is 6′ 1″, i cant believe how they still make 154..

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
          When Jermall Charlo and Demetrius Andrade move to MW they will both dwarf GGG, in size, reach and weight (both walk around and fight night weight) That would be interesting fights.

Charlo is 6′ 0″ and Andrade is 6′ 1″, i cant believe how they still make 154..
          That's a great point. These could be some great match-ups and personally, I'd rather see them go to GGG, since Canelo has bowed out for the time being.

Comment

Simple solution: same day weigh ins.

Comment

larry just cant hide his saltiness

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                No issue, just fight the best: Andrade, Charlo's, J-Rock. And do drug testing to make sure his weight cut/rehydration is fair.
                Pretty much. As far as 154 goes, I don't see him losing to anyone there tbh so he'll be fine until he decides to officially move up.

Comment

Larry you are smarter than that. It's so obvious that Can'tNelo ducked GGG. I bet he will move up if GGG were to either lose or move up himself. Why troll Larry?

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Wait, didnt he say a couple days ago he wants to face the winner of Monroe Jr and Rosado?

Why is his team telling the Media that they are in talks with Billy Joe Saunders and want to make that fight happen soon, so Canelo can fight for a MW title?

Does Oscar and him not keep talking about how they agreed to fight GGG next year?

He doesnt even know himself what he wants or can do. He just knows his diet is hurting him and he hates it, but he might rather do that strict diet for a couple more years so he does not have to face GGG.

If he stays at 154, finally gets his lineal MW Title removed, stops talking about GGG and fights the top guys at 154, then i am fine with it.

Just finally decide what you want to do and dont make promises you cant keep.
                    They really need to huddle up, pick one lie and stick with it.
                    Biggest clowns in boxing

Comment

alvys quality of opponent pool is greater than 3gs. there could be quite a few quality ww who will move up. i see no problems with him staying put. BUT if he wants to be a mw champ, he has to fight mw opponents/other champ.

its not a difficult concept if the money part is removed. alvy would fight cotto at ''mw'' again with no problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X