No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ward Warns: I'm a Combo of Roy Jones, Hopkins, Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a Combo of Roy Jones, Hopkins, Mayweather
    wrong..those guys got a certain charisma about them while you Mr Ward, is just as boring as watching the paint dry.

Comment

He is clearly one of the best 168 pound fighters ever. Prime vs prime, I might give him the slight edge over James Toney in a close one, afterall, Toney did lose to lessor fighters at 168. But Jones was a whirlwind and would have overwhelmed Ward a bit.

Comment

He is a combo of them. Defends when he needs to a lot. He throws the left hook JUST like Roy. He can turn on his defense in the split of a second like Floyd & he's a thinking strategist just like BHOP. He is probably going to stink up the Kovalev fight to even get passed 6. We know he's not stopping kovalev unless he mentally exhausts him. But who knows, Russians are Dick heads & kovalev a legit killer, but hey I see the mix of those styles in Dre. He's very athletic and talented.

Comment

roy jones??? wtf

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Sorry but if you think Roy Jones had no charisma as a fighter you're from a different planet.
            I meant personality wise. You did watch the Jones vs Calzaghe 24/7 right.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              He has a big ego.

Is he a megalomaniac with delusions of grandeur? Calls himself the "Son of God", and says he a combination of Mayweather, Jones and Hopkins?

If what he said is true, he wouldn't need to fight people like Alexander Brand, would he?
              I'm not sure if Ward is talking BIG to hype his fight with Kovalev or if he really does see himself as they great but... This ego he's showing is not the Ward I know

Comment

He is a combination of all 3

The Roy Jones was more evident in his youth...switching southpaw, double and triple lefthooks...combinations....lead left hooks n lead rights ...he does its less now. He has great reflexes as well and often does certain defensive moves based off distance like Roy. For example, he'll defend a right hand with a block, shoulder roll or simply dodge it using his head or feet

Hopkins....he can keep a tight defense and spoil inside. He leads with his head at times. The lead right hand, into a clinch. He retaliates like a young Hopkins if His opponents get dirty

Floyd he throws the jab to the body. His defense is like a 175 mayweather n doesn't get hit clean often. His work ethic n ability to catch n shoot shots

Comment

On Nov 19, he has Amir Khan's Chin!

Comment

He was always a Floyd fangirl.

Comment

I think Ward is a great fighter. That right hand, tho, better be working great on November 19th. And, maybe he should get loud and out of character to promote himself and the fight. This bull****, no personality having thing isn't working. It's boxing, talk some **** like Floyd, Ali, or Toney!

Comment

Working...
                      X