No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Viktor Postol-Terence Crawford: Pre-Fight Report Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    I can't BELIEVE Postol is a 6-1 underdog???

That's insane!!! This is a 50/50 fight IMO???

6-1 gives you a 14.29% chance of winning!!! Postol has WAY better chance than that! I'm gonna have to go put some money on Postol.
    Does he really tho? We wont know until after the fight. Crawford is gonna beat his ass.. Hes way to upright, no special fx.. Crawford will have no problems finding his jaw.. It will be like the usual crawford fignt. First 3-5 rounds will be close, Bud finds his range and figures him out and beat that ass

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Cool View Post
      We just saw Thurman-Porter on network tv. This fight would have been on regular hbo even just a few years ago. But since all Arum and Hearn have given them is blatant mismatches for years and years hbo had to cut their budget for boxing. That is why hbo refused to air this. This is a good fight, but not ppv worthy. Who has Crawford ever beat??? He's fought two jww his entire career. Postol has one good win. When Broner was 27-0 with a better resume than Crawford he fought Maidana on regular Showtime. Both Broner and Thurman fought Porter on free network tv. Making fights between two largely unknown fighters be ppv is what drove boxing away from the mainstream. We see fights as good as this for free without even basic cable. Just because it is a good match up doesn't mean it is ppv worthy. When the promoter openly says he only expects 100k to watch the fight in such a great match up is insane. There are higher purses for network tv fights! Sad and pathetic.
      I heard they cut back their budget to go ALL-IN on UFC when their contract is up with Fox???

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
        Does he really tho? We wont know until after the fight. Crawford is gonna beat his ass.. Hes way to upright, no special fx.. Crawford will have no problems finding his jaw.. It will be like the usual crawford fignt. First 3-5 rounds will be close, Bud finds his range and figures him out and beat that ass
        That's why they fight??? Well know tomorrow . He's going to have to get hit though to find that jaw?? And then I can see Postol excessively holding. Could be a long night for Crawford if the ref allows that.

Comment

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
          Same people who sucks Wards ass, Frauds ass and voted for Obama.
          I think Ward is vastly overrated and I didn't vote for Obama.

Despite that, I feel TBE is TBE, and Crawford stops Postol inside of 11 rounds. Not because he's black, but because Postol, as has been mentioned, fights very similar to Grabomir, which is tailor made for Crawford. Crawford fights the same way every fight.
          1. He gives away rounds 1-3 so he can assess what his opponent's strategy is going to be during the fight.
          2. He tests switching from orthodox to southpaw and gets a feel for which one is creating openings. During this time, he takes shots so he can see what risks his opponent will take.
          3. Once he settles on one or the other, usually by round 5, he goes to work and capitalizes on whatever mistake(s) he saw during the switching.
          4. Stoppage OR KO shortly thereafter.

Crawford is crafty, dude. I don't know that he'd beat Manny, but right now I don't see Viktor Postol lasting past 11. I just don't. And the only reason I'm giving him through round 11 is his tendency to clinch.

Taking out Crawford means beating him early, like Jacobs did Quillin. I don't know of anyone in the three divisions that would or could do so, except maybe Errol Spence. But even he's a slow starter.
          Last edited by Combat Talk Radio; 07-23-2016, 03:37 PM.

Comment

Why were people so eager to pay for a mismatch like canyellow vs khan
            but are upset about paying for WBO CHAMP VS WBC CHAMP? This is to see who is the true #1
            140lb-ER...
            im excited. payed my $60 2weeks ago..

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingAdd1ct View Post
              Why were people so eager to pay for a mismatch like canyellow vs khan
              but are upset about paying for WBO CHAMP VS WBC CHAMP? This is to see who is the true #1
              140lb-ER...
              im excited. payed my $60 2weeks ago..
              Because poor ppl Bi@tch about EVERYTHING!!!

Or are

Fake boxing Fans

I bought KhanYellow to see Khan get Bambi-Legged. But I'm buying this fight as well! Can't WAIT.

Comment

Just invite 12 ppl over and charge $5 problem solved!!! Good food, drinks, the ppl will show up. Or invite a loaner/loser charge then more. Say hot chicks will be there. Invite a few cuties problem solved.

Comment

Postol by KO.

Comment

Lol..
                    Yep.
                    Yr right. Only
                    fake boxing fans dont like this fight.
                    Just started drinking and getting the bbq ready.
                    Oscar valdez too!! Its on.

Comment

Easy work Postol. 9th round KO, book it.

Comment

Working...
                      X