Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Canelo can be a biggest boxing star if he doesn't have charisma AT ALL?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
    you ain't lying.

This may rile some feathers, but boxing fans are always looking to replace yesterday's hero. Mexican fans are looking for the next great Mexican fighter and they're backing Canelo with **** personality and all. Black fans are constantly on the hunt for the new slick trash-talker. I'm not even knocking it, it's a really natural [and flawed] thing in boxing...in anything, in politics democrats and republicans find ways to support their own no matter the lunacy. It's all about affiliation.

And tbf, Canelo has no English-speaking personality, but maybe he garners better affection when he's speaking Spanish. I can't say, but he can fight, and he has great support. His success can't possibly be explained in one reason, he's certainly positioned himself well with some solid wins. If there was another Mexican fighter with better wins, that guy might be the star instead. As of right now, I think Canelo is holding himself back by not even bothering with English.
    Black fans don't have to be on the hunt for anything.

Comment

We are for sure in a low tide season so thats helping Canelo be "the biggest guy in boxing". I mean he's the first #1 guy in boxing to not have two 1M+ PPV's on his resume since this PPV era got rolling.

Although to be fair with Canelo on being the #1 guy I still sorta feel like Manny still has some hold on the #1 spot even with ****ty PPV numbers lately (cuz no one is doing his PPV numbers vs the same recent opponents I don't think) so I kinda feel like they are still sharing the #1 spot til Manny officially retires.

Comment

A-Side

'Come feel my balls' - Canelo

'In Mexico we dont **** arund! ' - Canelo

Beats up Ulises Solis - Like a Boss!

'If I come in 180-190 thats my problem!'

Must see TV!

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
          Black fans are constantly on the hunt for the new slick trash-talker. I'm not even knocking it, it's a really natural [and flawed] thing in boxing...in anything, in politics democrats and republicans find ways to support their own no matter the lunacy. It's all about affiliation.
          Brother black fans are watching NFL & NBA lol. Black fans been gone since Tyson & Holyfield & the HW's were fun to watch. And another huge segment of black fans left post-Floyd.

There are like 37 black boxing fans left in the US. Granted there are probably a bunch of black casual fans who think some retired for 10 or less years guy is the #1 guy in the game right now, but those fans don't really count in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Although to be fair with Canelo on being the #1 guy I still sorta feel like Manny still has some hold on the #1 spot even with ****ty PPV numbers lately (cuz no one is doing his PPV numbers vs the same recent opponents I don't think) so I kinda feel like they are still sharing the #1 spot til Manny officially retires.

What people don't realize is that Mayweather was the reason why Pac became a boxing star, he was promoted as "the biggest threat" to Floyd's undefeated status, their rivalry was easy to promote so Pac became a superstar. If Mayweather is retired or not active, then people just don't want to watch his fights, that's the reason why his ppv numbers are ****ty now, Mayweather was the reason of his success

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
              What people don't realize is that Mayweather was the reason why Pac became a boxing star, he was promoted as "the biggest threat" to Floyd's undefeated status, their rivalry was easy to promote so Pac became a superstar. If Mayweather is retired or not active, then people just don't want to watch his fights, that's the reason why his ppv numbers are ****ty now, Mayweather was the reason of his success
              Hmm his numbers took a dive after the Marquez Ko. He was also doing great while Floyd was retired back in 2009. Not a good post, but good thread. Canelos appeal is his looks

Comment

We can say the same thing about Loma

Comment

Cause mexicans are ballin, and speak up with our dollars means while blacks and americans are broke and stingy with their cash and dont support their figthers.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    First off I got no f#cking clue that has to do with anything we are discussing lmfao. I grew up in Grand Rapids & knew who Floyd was & seen his talent before probably everyone here, but I'm no Floyd fanboy nor Manny hater & have no desire to build up or knock down either HOF fighter who both captured fans imagination.

But while I believe Manny for sure got a bump off of the vs Mayweather speculation that went on for years he was his own man & made his own way with a entertaining style of fighting, a fun carefree personality & his own slew of victims that only later turned into a list of largely Floyd's sloppy seconds which in turn led to the rivalry that helped Manny get some (the key word ie not all) extra good guy status vs the bad buy Mayweather.

And Manny's PPV numbers are sh^tty for the same reason Floyd's last fight did sh^tty PPV numbers. They both fought sh^tty guys who know one wanted to see them fight. Like Field of Dreams says if you build it they will come. But what they don't mention is if you don't build it they won't come & no one gave a f#ck about Manny vs Vargas or Floyd vs Berto so those fights did sh^t numbers. Its that simple & has nothing to do with your stance on Manny's true appeal &/or popularity.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                      First off I got no f#cking clue that has to do with anything we are discussing lmfao. I grew up in Grand Rapids & knew who Floyd was & seen his talent before probably everyone here, but I'm no Floyd fanboy nor Manny hater & have no desire to build up or knock down either HOF fighter who both captured fans imagination.
                      It doesn't have anything to do with Canelo, it's just my 2 cents about Pac's ppvs

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                      We can say the same thing about Loma
                      Ha ha, yeah, you can say the same thing about Loma except for the fact that Loma isn't popular, struggling to attract fans to his fights, can't sell ppv's and far from being the boxing biggest star, but Canelo is, for some reason.

Other than that, there's no differences at all lol

So if there's no difference, why one of these guys is able to sell his fights and the other guy can't? Maybe because Loma's style is less entertaining? Or maybe because Loma facing worse competition? No, that's only because one of them is Mexican, that's why
                      Last edited by g27region; 01-20-2017, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X