No announcement yet.

Let's Talk Strategy....What can Kell Brook do to Shock the World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Talk Strategy....What can Kell Brook do to Shock the World

So I've vented, said what I needed to say, now I'm ready to talk boxing again.

I look at Kell Brook, while difficult to judge from subpar opposition, has a decent jab, prefers to maintain his distance, has no inside game, but has good timing and can catch you on your way in. Against Porter he had success timing Porter when he tried to close distance and wrapping him up to prevent him from working inside.

In this fight, it just seems like GGG has all of the advantages. He operates at the same distance that Brook loves to fight at, works off a strong jab, commits to the body and is an extremely underrated counter puncher.

What can Brook do to win this fight? I can't think of anything strategy wise that he can execute to trouble GGG.

strategy is:

Brook gets injured and the fight is off. Then HBO tries for November or December, or they finally bow down to Arum and Korobov gets a boner to try and make 160 in such little time. I mean, it's all HBO of course!

Comment

I agree with your assessment. Distance is the biggest thing. Both are pretty much mid-range fighters. Couple that with the fact that Brook won't be able to clinch Gennady after he makes his way in like he can welterweights, I can't see a scenario is which Brook wins.

Comment

Fight the way he fought Porter and see what's good

Comment

Piss Golovkin off to the point that he wants to settle things in the ring: insult his mother, disrespect his culture, insult his wife.

Work on his fouls. The goal would be to open up a cut near his eye through a headbutt or elbow. The goal would be to foul on the referees blindside and milk any retaliation. Punch beneath the belt when possible.

Yeah... he's going to get fucked up. Short of Golovkin getting disqualified, Brook cannot win.

Comment

Brook relies on his strength, size and power.

He's always in range to get hit, he doesnt move like Lara or Khan

He can't fight on the inside, he can't clinch Triple G

All he has is a punchers chance, landing the punch of his life

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              So I've vented, said what I needed to say, now I'm ready to talk boxing again.

I look at Kell Brook, while difficult to judge from subpar opposition, has a decent jab, prefers to maintain his distance, has no inside game, but has good timing and can catch you on your way in. Against Porter he had success timing Porter when he tried to close distance and wrapping him up to prevent him from working inside.

In this fight, it just seems like GGG has all of the advantages. He operates at the same distance that Brook loves to fight at, works off a strong jab, commits to the body and is an extremely underrated counter puncher.

What can Brook do to win this fight? I can't think of anything strategy wise that he can execute to trouble GGG.
              How much faster if at all will Kell Brooks hands and feet be compared to GGG? Probably a deciding factor in how long Brook can survive.

Comment

He doesn't have a chance

This isn't a situation where it's a truly exceptional fighter going up to fight an average belt holder.

I don't understand this at all

Comment

To beat Golovkin the best two ways are be longer and rangier than him making him really chase the fight and try to find his distance, or get all up in his chest and push him back not giving him the space he wants plus he seems real inactive inside just standing there at times.

Brook can't do the first because he doesn't have the ranginess to sit around without taking back bigger shots. Theoretically it is possible for him to get in Golovkins chest, but Brook showed no inside fighting against Porter and Porter is kind of there to be had at times inside if someone commits. Plus while strong for 147 is he strong enough to manhandle Golovkin or even equal him in strength?

Hard to see it working but he needs to shoot for option two and roll with it because either way probably end up with him knocked out, one just ends up with a prolonged beating with no competitive action. If he goes options two he can probably do as good or better than Willie Monroe because I think Brook does throw nicer punches (than Monroe).

Comment

Originally posted by RealIzm View Post
                    How much faster if at all will Kell Brooks hands and feet be compared to GGG? Probably a deciding factor in how long Brook can survive.
                    That's the biggest thing that intrigued me about Eubank. He has a huge speed advantage and won't fold the minute GGG connects. When I think of Brook I don't think of hand speed . I think of a strong , physical welterweight but not a fast fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X