Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do all of you bring Compubox stats as valuable argument?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

facts about compu box people use them only when it suits them.

Floyd fans use it to prove how he is accurate and hard to hit, fans of fighters who didnt win but landed more according to compubox will point out compubox to prove that their man won etc etc etc.

Its just another tool in the boxing fan tool belt to use in an argument.

Comment

People sometimes act like it's some accurate system to determine a winner and loser. In reality in just one guy assigned to each fighter, pressing a button when he thinks the fighter lands or misses.
      Even then, every punch that isn't a jab is a 'power punch'. Regardless of if they are hurtful shots, or pitty-patter punches.

I look at them as nothing but a fun graphic at the end of the fight. I'd never use it to help me score a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
        Maybe Pac just chose to fight that way?

And you still haven't recovered from Pacman ending Hatton's career
        Such a weak reply haha. I have never indicated once that I am a Hatton fan lmao.

But we know you're a Pacquiao fan.

Defending another ******* too lolol so funny.

SALT

Comment

Compubox is not 100% accurate, but it averages out over the course of most fights to get close to the truth.

But as someone said, you have to judge things round by round, total punches don't mean anything if you lost the 1st 6 rounds, but one the 2nd 6 rounds by landing a lot more, you could have a fight 250-150 in punches landed and have a draw.

And Compubox is not used to score rounds, period. It can just give you a better picture for debate. You judge a fight with your eyes at full speed, not while playing it in slow mo, not while listening to the crowd, and not with Gifs.

And thread was probably started because of Pac May, in the case of Pac vs May, the Compubox numbers actually told nearly the same story that the judges and 97% of the fans all saw with their eyes. It wasn't a close fight.

Comment

Working...
          X