Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best resume at welterweight since the fab 4 era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best resume at welterweight since the fab 4 era?

My vote goes to Mayweather, he has the best wins former lineal champions....Mosley, Baldomir, and Judah and former welterweight beltholders Hatton, Ortiz, and guys who won at multiple weights or other weights Guerrero, AND JMM

Oscar De La Hoya fought the best competition(prime mosley, quartey, Whitaker, Trinidad but 2 were losses no matter if you agree with which fights he won i think he went 2-2), I think he beat Trinidad and Quartey, and Mosley clearly won, Whitaker lost but HBO was so biased in their commentating and the crowd...they went crazy over eveything he threw even if he missed
    Mayweather
    26.73%
    Donald Curry
    3.96%
    Oscar De La Hoya
    24.75%
    felix trinidad
    6.93%
    Pacquaio
    27.72%
    Whitaker
    9.90%

Whittaker I think,,,, but very tough question...

Curry looked to be the next great welter but never recovered after the honeygan fight..

Forrest should be on the list..

Floyd really hasn't beaten any great fighters at welter,,, Judah baldomir, Shane, ghost, Ortiz are all quality wins but nothing compared to Forrest beating Shane, or Shane beating oscar...

Tito has a very strong resume but his win over oscar is highly debatable...

If oscar had gotten the nod over Tito like he should have, it would be oscar by a mile with wins over Ike, Tito, pernell

Comment

Sweet Pea, Oscar.

Comment

Mayweather is great and my second place. Trinidad won a piece of the welterweight title at age 20 and held that title for over 6 years winning 15 title defenses and knocking out 12 of them. His last defense was against Oscar. He had out grown the welterweights by then but fought at 147 one last time for the chance to fight Oscar. He was weight drained for that fight and after he won he left the welterweights to become a champion at 154. He won every fight he ever had at 147 and 154. So my pick is Trinidad.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
          Mayweather is great and my second place. Trinidad won a piece of the welterweight title at age 20 and held that title for over 6 years winning 15 title defenses and knocking out 12 of them. His last defense was against Oscar. He had out grown the welterweights by then but fought at 147 one last time for the chance to fight Oscar. He was weight drained for that fight and after he won he left the welterweights to become a champion at 154. He won every fight he ever had at 147 and 154. So my pick is Trinidad.

He has a lot of quantity but not a lot of quality...his best win was a robbery IMO over dlh, Whitaker was far gone so was Camacho....the blocker, campas, Carr, were good wins

His title reign was like Hopkins at 160

Id have Tito top 5 maybe 3

Mayweather

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            He has a lot of quantity but not a lot of quality...his best win was a robbery IMO over dlh, Whitaker was far gone so was Camacho....the blocker, campas, Carr, were good wins

His title reign was like Hopkins at 160

Id have Tito top 5 maybe 3

Mayweather
            Blocker, campos, Carr are just as good as Ortiz, ghost, Judah, baldomir etc

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              My vote goes to Mayweather, he has the best wins former lineal champions....Mosley, Baldomir, and Judah and former welterweight beltholders Hatton, Ortiz, and guys who won at multiple weights or other weights Guerrero, AND JMM

Oscar De La Hoya fought the best competition(prime mosley, quartey, Whitaker, Trinidad but 2 were losses no matter if you agree with which fights he won i think he went 2-2), I think he beat Trinidad and Quartey, and Mosley clearly won, Whitaker lost but HBO was so biased in their commentating and the crowd...they went crazy over eveything he threw even if he missed
              Mayweather as a welterweight fought two featherweights, four super lightweights and three welterweights past their prime. I don't see how you could really think that.

Comment

Whitaker, delahoya, then Trinidad

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
                  Whitaker, delahoya, then Trinidad
                  That's very solid...

I would love to see a Donald curry vs Tito fight... That would have been a straight up shootout

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    That's very solid...

I would love to see a Donald curry vs Tito fight... That would have been a straight up shootout
                    Trinidad in his prime was a lot quicker than given credit for he'd give everyone at welter a tough fight besides the Hearns' and Leonards

Comment

Working...
                    X