Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angulo-Lara Rumored For Maidana-Lopez Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully it happens, no way its boring, Angulo will stay on Lara all night. Though Lara will outbox I doubt it will be dull. Angulo is not a boring fighter and will press the pace.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

As bad as I thought Angulo looked last time, I do think he would have plenty of chances to win rounds against Lara who sometimes ruins his own work by giving ground when it's not necessary...as well as stifling action and not staying busy when inside. The lulls allows opponents to survive deep into the fight when it's quite obvious he has the skill advantage and does damage when he does throw.

The Vanes fight once against showed that Lara is quite capable of losing rounds even when his opponent doesn't land a punch himself. It sounds dumb because it's rare. He's had some close fights where those rounds become crucial. If he tries the Williams strategy on the inside he will run into the same problem with the scoring in this fight where the people at home depot will be boo'ing and the ref could be pressured to keep the action moving....

So even though Perro was getting rocked against Silva I think the on and off pace of this one will allow him to make the 12..Lara will have rounds where he looks like Ali but I lean toward

Angulo SD12
      Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 03-29-2013, 12:45 AM.

Comment

Lara is going to school Angulo. Hopefully this could lead to the Alvarez/Trout winner fighting Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Chief2ndzOnly! View Post
          Im a fan of both these Boxers. But I honestly see Eryslandy boxing the ears off Angulo. Great fight though, and ya potna will be tuned in for this fight. Early..........Never Late.
          yeah, i can see this fight playing out like that. i'm actually pretty surprised this matchup is being talked about, i thought gbp and hunter wanted to give angulo a couple more soft touches before trying to get him back into the mix with the top 154 lbers. this is a great card if it goes through though, i'm def excited for these two bouts. i like both lara and angulo, but i'm hoping lara secures a good W over angulo and can finally get his title shot after this.
          angulo didn't look good at all in his last fight, but him and his trainer were sold on his opponent, jorge silva, being on something. i'm not sure if it was rumors or just suspicion from hunter (perhaps in disbelief that silva took all of angulo's shots), but i remember hunter doing an interview and being sold that silva was suspicious of it. whatever it was, angulo didn't look like he was on the path to being at the top of the 154 lb division that night. let's see how he looks against lara (if it happens).

Comment

That's a good fight to make Lara look good and expose him to more fans. After fighting that coward Vanes, and getting held the entire fight, he needs a more exciting opponent.

Comment

Erislandy Lara in dos rounds. I am looking forward to this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                Why does everyone forget about Pablo Hernandez?
                His Ring title is hollow.....

He arguably (and I use that term loosely) lost his last fight vs a near 40 year old man who had never been 12 his whole career who he was a big favorite against and who also wasn't that active in the two years before coming into the bout.....

Me personally I think that's more than enough reason

Comment

That's a good fight. I know it's not their choice, but Lara and Molina are the only ones in that division that fight anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

???

Lara has the best resume behind Gamboa

Why does everyone forget about Pablo Hernandez?
                    I didn't forget about Hernandez. The one I actually forgot about was Abril. I posted my list tho.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
                      As bad as I thought Angulo looked last time, I do think he would have plenty of chances to win rounds against Lara who sometimes ruins his own work by giving ground when it's not necessary...as well as stifling action and not staying busy when inside. The lulls allows opponents to survive deep into the fight when it's quite obvious he has the skill advantage and does damage when he does throw.

The Vanes fight once against showed that Lara is quite capable of losing rounds even when his opponent doesn't land a punch himself. It sounds dumb because it's rare. He's had some close fights where those rounds become crucial. If he tries the Williams strategy on the inside he will run into the same problem with the scoring in this fight where the people at home depot will be boo'ing and the ref could be pressured to keep the action moving....

So even though Perro was getting rocked against Silva I think the on and off pace of this one will allow him to make the 12..Lara will have rounds where he looks like Ali but I lean toward

Angulo SD12
                      Great post, dude, although I disagree on the outcome. Angulo looked like a caveman wading through quicksand in his last outing. "Perro" is so slow it's almost comical. I just can't see Lara losing many rounds to such a slow, unsophisticated fighter. Erislandy by UD.

Comment

Working...
                      X