No announcement yet.

Martinez calls out Mayweather "I Will Crack Your Bones Like I Did To Chavez Jr"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    you missunderstood. I wasn't implying you would condemn it for a MW strap. I said if I said it was ok, given that in the past Ive said no catchweight in title fights, i'd expect to be called on it.

ive made no excuses. its simple, canelo/floyd sells more than segrio/floyd so i figure floyd does a canelo fight 1st. so if floyd has for example $5 mil to promote a fight It makes sense he chooses the one that turns that $5 mil into $100 mil, not just $65 mil.
    I challenge that. Martinez has headlined his own ppv. Meanwhile ginger never has. Everyone now knows who Martinez is, (if they didn't before). Floyd would get bashed from here to oblivion for fighting ginger & you know it. Under no circumstance is ginger a better choice over Martinez except a high reward & virtually no risk fight.

When Floyd fights ginger, you all will cry cause no one gives him props. But if you're keeping it real you knew it would happen before hand. If you truly claim to want Floyd/Martinez, the most meaningful fight in boxing, I don't think you'd campaign so heavily against it.

Comment

• If Canelo actually beat Cotto, if Cotto even beats Trout, I don't see why people would claim Floyd-Canelo is a bad fight??? Canelo has to get wins like that first though, because Floyd shouldn't fight Canelo until he does that.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        So then Martinez training to 160 would not be the same as him training to 154, right???

Cotto wasn't drained. I've never been on the Cotto drained thing. Oscar, yeah, hadn't been that low in 8-9 years and he was way past it, he was drained.
        Good job totally avoiding the question, so I'll ask it again. Is Cotto training to 147 the same as him training to 145?? Answer that then we'll debate. Don't & don't bother quoting me because there's nothing to discuss.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Not big on the dumb name calling man, but alright.

Cotto struggled with Clottey, mainly due to the cut he suffered early on I think. Cotto still landed the harder punches and won the fight I thought, but Cotto was not drained against Manny, he was beaten by a better fighter.
          So the extra 2 pounds were meaningless? Why have the fight at 145 instead of 147? apparently team Pac felt it would give Manny an advantage.. Why wouldnt Pac fight Cotto at 154? since hes such the better fighter?
          And we havent seen Cotto dropped like that since Torres(where Cotto was weight drained) Cotto was being knocked down in the same fashion Dawson was vs Ward..

But hey, its all opinion anyway.. The facts are Pac beat his ass at a catchweight

Comment

• Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            Good job totally avoiding the question, so I'll ask it again. Is Cotto training to 147 the same as him training to 145?? Answer that then we'll debate. Don't & don't bother quoting me because there's nothing to discuss.
            So you're reasoning for Cotto being drained was training 2 lbs lower than usual, right??? So by your logic, Sergio training 6 lbs lower than usual would mean he'd be drained too, right???

And no, training to 145 isn't the same. However, him going down only 1 lb from his previous fight doesn't look drained to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              "Ducking" is subjective too.
              For sure, see FMJ vs Pac. But it can also be clear cut. For example, you got an elite guy willing to make every concession: the weight, purse, location, etc. I'd bet he'd even sign up for a rehydration clause, if necessary to make this fight

Comment

I challenge that. Martinez has headlined his own ppv. Meanwhile ginger never has. Everyone now knows who Martinez is, (if they didn't before). Floyd would get bashed from here to oblivion for fighting ginger & you know it. Under no circumstance is ginger a better choice over Martinez except a high reward & virtually no risk fight.

When Floyd fights ginger, you all will cry cause no one gives him props. But if you're keeping it real you knew it would happen before hand. If you truly claim to want Floyd/Martinez, the most meaningful fight in boxing, I don't think you'd campaign so heavily against it.
                since when is criticizing you for hypocricy the equivalent of campaigning against a floyd/sergio fight?

Comment

I'll have to disagree on this. Martinez was the B side of a ppv. If he has to carry one, it won't hit 100k.

Ginger is tremendously protected, it's disgusting. But he is a legitimate attraction. Didn't he get more views than JCC SM in Mexico?

Comment

you missunderstood. I wasn't implying you would condemn it for a MW strap. I said if I said it was ok, given that in the past Ive said no catchweight in title fights, i'd expect to be called on it.

ive made no excuses. its simple, canelo/floyd sells more than segrio/floyd so i figure floyd does a canelo fight 1st. so if floyd has for example $5 mil to promote a fight It makes sense he chooses the one that turns that $5 mil into $100 mil, not just $65 mil.
                    of course he does.

"if it makes dollars, it makes sense." but really it should be "if it makes dollars, and the opponent isnt that much of a threat to my 0, it makes sense"

pacquiao makes him the most dollars, but it doesnt seem to make sense to him.

Comment

since when is criticizing you for hypocricy the equivalent of campaigning against a floyd/sergio fight?
                      Funny considering you want Floyd/Martinez but go out of your way to criticize it. We might as well hold hands as hypocrites together.

Comment

Working...
                      X