Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the great heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
    16-25 and he's sitting pretty, since he doesn't have a win over a HOF caliber opponent.
    co-sign. If anything his brother could probably crack top 20 because he was beating up Lennox until that stoppage. And just for fighting him thats big. Neither one will end up top 15 though.

Comment

6-10, there is certainly time for him to crack the top 3-5 though if he stays healthy and active.

Comment

I'd probably have him between 8-12 if he retired right now.

Comment

Wlad has by far the most WBO HW title defenses with a total of 10, and the most IBF HW title defenses with 9.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/WB...eight_Champion

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/IB...eight_Champion

He now has 9 wins over current or former world titleholders (Byrd x2, Peter x2, Mercer, Rahman, Brewster, Ibragimov, Chagaev) and has a lot of wins over Ring top ten HW opponents (Jefferson, Byrd x2, Peter x2, Brock, Brewster, Chambers, Thompson, Mercer, Ibragimov, Chagaev, Rahman, McCline, probably more).

As far as I know, Wlad has stopped more opponents who had never been stopped before - somewhere between 15 and 20 - than any other heavyweight in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
            Wlad has by far the most WBO HW title defenses with a total of 10, and the most IBF HW title defenses with 9.

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/WB...eight_Champion

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/IB...eight_Champion

He has 9 wins over current or former world titleholders (Byrd x2, Peter x2, Mercer, Rahman, Brewster, Ibragimov, Chagaev) and has a lot of wins over Ring top ten HW opponents (Jefferson, Byrd x2, Peter x2, Brock, Brewster, Chambers, Thompson, Mercer, Ibragimov, Chagaev, Rahman, McCline, probably more).

As far as I know, Wlad has stopped more opponents who had never been stopped before - somewhere between 15 and 20 - than any other heavyweight in history.
            meaningless stats dont make you great, who you beat does.

Even giving the ****ty division the benefit of the doubt and pretending its 'average', Wladimir has beaten about 10 or 11 top fighters. which is good, which is why he can be considered one of the best HWs ever...but even out of those Ive mentioned only about 3 of them were top 5.
            He can still climb his way very high into the ATG rankings depending on how the rest of his career goes, but dont try that brainwashing **** just yet.

incidently, Jefferson, Rahman, Peter 2nd fight and Mercer definitely were not top 10 when Wladimir beat them. they had been top in the past, sure...but not at the time.

guys Wladimir has beaten that were top ten:
            Chris Byrd x2
            McCline
            Sam Peter 1
            Brock
            Ibragimov
            Lamon Brewster 2
            Thompson
            Chagaev
            Chambers

Comment

Originally posted by warp1432 View Post
              This right here.
              Pretty obvious that you dislike him with that agreement.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
                Pretty obvious that you dislike him with that agreement.
                I was pleasantly surprised that warp ranks him that high.

Maybe there's hope for humanity after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
                  Whether "who you beat" is any good or not in YOUR mind is decided not by how good they are, but by the opinions of so-called "experts" like Max Kellerman and Teddy Atlas.

What makes YOU believe fighters are great is media hype.

But what REALLY makes a fighter great is their actual achievements.

You're ALREADY brainwashed by Kellerman and the other "experts", that's why you've always been so negative about the Klitschkos, but you're not aware of it.
                  lol yep, Im an avid follower of Kellerman and Atlas, uh huh. Ive sure shown that in the past.

I almost always up the Klitschko brothers anyway, dip****.

Wladimir can easily be top 10 as long as he keeps going about how he is right now for a few more years, but your suggestion that a pretty record makes a fighter good is laughable.

Fact of the matter: Wladimir's best wins are Chagaev and Byrd. Chagaev couldnt beat Ruiz better than two middleweights could, and Byrd arguably should have lost against Fres Oquendo, Golota and McCline. I dont think even you will pretend that Oquendo is an amazing fighter.

Wladimir's dominance is pretty much unparralleled throughout heavyweight history, and that gives him a huge bonus...and I think in head to head matchups, he could fare very well against many of the best opponents. thats why I think of him so highly.

But stop make believing that Wladimir has beaten all these amazing fighters. its flat out not true.
                  Last edited by Steak; 09-19-2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Around 150-200

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                      Around 150-200
                      Love the name, avatar and over the top post.

Good alt so far. Keep up the good work!

Comment

Working...
                      X