Collapse
No announcement yet.

So I just returned from Haiti...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i'd very much like to see what u saw in there.

Comment

Hey Driver, did you take any pictures that you would like to share with us?

Comment

No, I didn't take my camera. If I get sent back I'll take a few snaps for sure.

Comment

Is it true that they only have one airport? I heard it was hard to land there right now because of lack of capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by Driver View Post
            I've been flying for the past 4 days to and from Port-au-Prince and I just can't find the words to explain the level of destruction I witnessed. I know this is old news for everybody but I still can't get over what I saw. Our arrival first arrival of the day on the first day I flew there was delayed by 30 minutes mainly due to the fact that the airport was filled to capacity and some of the lighter aircraft were being parked in the grass to make space for the larger ones on the tarmac, and it was still not enough to make some space for us there so we were placed on a holding pattern until a few ANG C-130's left their spots in order to depart. When we started making our way to the hold point is when I take a look at the ground and my heart just SANK. I have NEVER EVER seen something of that magnitude, everything is just rubble, and for the first time in a long time I almost cried like a ***** and it really took something out of my focus. I saw so many things that I've struggled to get sleep since. To any of you who haven't donated anything, please do so! just a few dollars for a few items really do make a difference. My condolences to the people who have lost their loved ones in this catastrophe.
            yeah thanks for the info ur doing a great job and god bless. sad sad whats happen in hati.

Comment

Word, my donation is going through Red Cross.

Comment

Originally posted by -JACK- View Post
                Is it true that they only have one airport? I heard it was hard to land there right now because of lack of capacity.
                I heard there is a small dirt airstrip somewhere else but it can only handle small single engine aircraft. Toussaint Louverture airport which is the Intl airport of Haiti is the only one that can handle large aircraft and yes so much aid has been coming in that it caused a bottleneck situation and it has caused problems for inbound flights as well as departing flights. It can be a real pain to get in right now

Comment

Working...
                X