No announcement yet.

Legs and shoulders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legs and shoulders

Anyone know what specifically to do to help me gain more muscular endurance in my shoulders and most importantly my legs. Whenever I spar the legs are the first thing to go, as a matter of fact, they get tired even when I'm on the heavy bag. Not to long after that my shoulders, mainly my left, die out and it becomes difficult to throw continues jabs along with keeping my hands up. I have been trying to throw more jabs on the heavy bag to help build endurance but I would love to know what else I can do to help improve them. Same with my legs. I know I have the lung capacity to run 3-5 miles but never do because my legs get tired. Suggestions?

Keep on running and do more circuits. Also wear Skins to help recovery and blood circulation

Comment

Originally posted by Migs View Post
      Anyone know what specifically to do to help me gain more muscular endurance in my shoulders and most importantly my legs. Whenever I spar the legs are the first thing to go, as a matter of fact, they get tired even when I'm on the heavy bag. Not to long after that my shoulders, mainly my left, die out and it becomes difficult to throw continues jabs along with keeping my hands up. I have been trying to throw more jabs on the heavy bag to help build endurance but I would love to know what else I can do to help improve them. Same with my legs. I know I have the lung capacity to run 3-5 miles but never do because my legs get tired. Suggestions?
      keep on sparring and your legs will get use to it. Practice more on the heavy bag and when your legs or shoulders get tired just man up and blast past your plateau. It might hurt but what doesn't kill, you will make you stronger

Comment

Originally posted by JulioCesaChavez View Post
        Keep on running and do more circuits. Also wear Skins to help recovery and blood circulation
        So do compression clothes really work.....................
        Are the nike compression clothes or the Under Armour compression clothes they same as the skins compression clothes???????????

I was thinking of buying some but they are kinda expensive.

Comment

I would recommend doing things like jump squats. Also try doing lunges, and then when you step back up curl the weights and then press them over your head. SOunds confusing but once you get it down its a great workout out for endurance, strength, and speed.

Comment

Heres a video that will get you on track with the shoulder endurance:
            www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-u8Re0bFz4

Im a big fan of minute drills, you can use them for almost anything as long as your smart about how you put them together. You could do something similar for your legs like:
            30 seconds each, burpees, lateral jumps, mountain climbers, woodchoppers, lunges, up-downs (like football players do). Usually you dont have to TRY to focus on legs, if your doing conditioning work they'll get hit hard anyways.

Comment

For the shoulders/arms the best thing to do would be to do your shadow boxing with small dumb bells in your hands. Nothing heavy, just like 5 pounds for each. It helps a lot, but don't do ALL of your shadow boxing with weights. If you do 4 rounds of shadow boxing do 2 normal ones and 2 with weights, and alternate between each round. It will help your hand speed too.

For the legs, well running but im pretty sure you already do that. I suggest doing squats and stationary bike, It might seem like nothing but these bike will give your legs a killer workout on the higher resistance settings. Also, a lot of people in boxing seem to overlook it these days, but jump rope is great. It will make your shins much stronger and endurant. Plus give you a good cardio work out.

Good luck!

Comment

I appreciate all the feedback guys. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by 817boy View Post
                  So do compression clothes really work.....................
                  Are the nike compression clothes or the Under Armour compression clothes they same as the skins compression clothes???????????

I was thinking of buying some but they are kinda expensive.
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=223494
                  Yes they do work! I made a thread about it before, but specifically about Skins. Some other poster told me that they were the original who invented it, and it does seem to be true what they said in their video about theirs being better. Normally hype like that turns out to be bull****, but Skins have worked better for me than Nike or other ones. I always wear a Skins Recovery top under my €100 Maharishi tees, and they look cool enough as the colours are bright and trendy. I wear the bottoms at home or work. The recovery Skins are as effective as an ice bath, and always make sure my shoulders or legs do not ache for next workout.

The normal Skins are worn during training under Sauna suit. I wear them when I play saturday league football too, under the shorts just like all the Inter Milan players do. Hamstring has not even felt sore since then, and I am glad I followed the recommendations of a mate of mine who's football career nearly ended due to his hamstring snapping! Tracksters and other brands may be just as useful though, and wahtever works for you is the way to go. Personally, I do think Skins are better than the rest.
                  Last edited by JulioCesaChavez; 11-29-2008, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X