Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua has fought 2 live bodies and been wobbled by both.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    Just needs to be more controlled when he hurts guys.

Both times he got rocked were when he was going in for the kill thinking the job was done. That's an easy fix.

We learned a lot more positives about Joshua on Saturday (chin, heart, calm when hurt, etc...) than negatives.
    It should be an easy fix yea. I think should he go on a dominant reign now, when he loses is when he forgets this lesson and gets caught and stopped.

Comment

Yeah it's just the nature of heavyweight boxing really.

With that said, it does appear that he doesn't recover that quickly once he's been hurt or stunned which might not stand him in good stead if he gets hurt off a guy that has better killer instinct than Wlad. I'm not sure if that's something that can be fixed. Just like some people have a good chin or don't, i think some people naturally recover from shots better than others, it is what it is.

Any other flaw he has can be worked on, such as being more measured when he has a fighter hurt and finish them off without putting himself in danger. Then again, it's not easy to keep control in that situation with 90,000 people cheering because the opponent is hurt. That'll come with experience.

This is boxing though, there will be guys that come along with styles that can trouble him and possibly beat him, it's just the nature of the sport. He will lose at some point even if he's still on top of the division, so what? - I don't think anyone can really knock what he's done in 19 fights.

Comment

What...no way!!!! A undefeated guy is flawed & not 100% perfect? I don't buy it.

Come on man lets rejoice about a great fight & Joshua without any question showing his worth to the HW division & boxing as a whole. I don't think many cats have gone to crazytown since the W. I mean no more than normal. Anytime a boxer wins or loses a certain % of guys on NSB will crown him the ATG GOAT or a bum who should retire. That's par for the course on a message board.

Also I'd throw Breazeale in as a live body opponent. Granted I think he peed himself a lil bit when the first bell rung & didn't perform like a live body necessarily should on fight night, but I think he's shown himself to be a live opponent before & for sure after even if he's a bit of up & down guy & not the most talented guy. He's a big mofo with some heart on his better nights doe. If Breazeale was a stock I'd for sure buy cuz I won't be surprised at all if he beats a few top ten guys in his career & maybe even grabs a belt at some point cuz I could see him beat a guy like Joseph Parker whos obviously a title holder now.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
          not true, example, fury, wlad and wilder will land clean punches to end fights (fury not so much, but an example to debunk "heavyweight boxing"), joshua wears guys down with his strength. Most of his power is strength that saps any stamina the opponents have after awhile, he hits hard, but he's not the clean operator is what I mean. He has a very strong and heavy body that trying to wrestle or move (with punches) him will just wreck you.

Look at the whyte fight, what stopped that guy wasn't just the uppercut but the fact that the guy was very very tired at that point vs joshua's overwhelming strength.

His strengths so far have been mid to inside range punches and that's no coincidence as the place you want to be to outmuscle folk.

so fury lands clean punches to end fights, while joshua isn't that kind of clean operator?

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
            That's not an excuse. Yes, one punch can change everything, esspecially at heavyweight but you're seriously going to chalk everything up to that? He has an obvious flaw here (although fixable) and again, only fought 2 guys with the grit and level to fight back and been hurt by both.
            How did he respond to being hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              so fury lands clean punches to end fights, while joshua isn't that kind of clean operator?
              I thought of another way of wording it.

"Joshua is at his best pushing forward and mauling."

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                You get hit by a heavyweight, you'll most likely get stunned a time or two. Not everyone can have a Ray Mercer/Sam Peter type chin in that division
                These guys seem surprised that a heavyweight can hurt another heavyweight with one punch. Who woulda thunk it? Maybe they've watched to many Tyson Fury fights

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  How did he respond to being hurt?
                  We're still celebrating the fight. I made a mistake thinking it was an interesting point of conversation that Joshua was hurt by the two guy he has fought that could actually fight back.

Apparently im a hater now, never watched heavyweight boxing and am suddenly american. The joshua *** suking line is quite long, I think i'll just come back another time when the celebrations are over. Althoguh i'll miss my chance at suckin aj off, I think i'll live.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    These guys seem surprised that a heavyweight can hurt another heavyweight with one punch. Who woulda thunk it? Maybe they've watched to many Tyson Fury fights
                    Rocky Balboa syndrome, IMO. These dudes are weighing in at 245, 250, sometimes even higher. I'm sure they can pack a punch behind all that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Kosta View Post
                      He's a life or death fighter far as I'm concerned he's only had one real opponent in Klitscho and so his record is 1-0 but even that was a farce truth is Klitscho shud and cud have finished him off in the 6th but he was playing with him

Also the fight was stopped way too early. If that's a ko these days then I'm going to live in the trees

Mark my word aj will never have a 20+ undefeated record especially if fury gets his hands on him Jesus even bellew wud probably take him to peaches
                      If Joshua 1-0 then the whole division hasn't fought yet , fury is a big dancing joke.

And I can see you wanted wlad to die in there he wasn't throwing an Thing back and was about to take a huge KO.

Bellew would take Joshua? Log off ydsab

Comment

Working...
                      X