Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bias prediction.

Comment

Originally posted by ernestot View Post
      The problem with cotto is his chin, his face bruises up fast, his experience wont matter, Freddie roach is a great trainer but I don't thinkl that will be enough to beat canelo,look at how lara beat trout so easy even drop his ass like hed been shot,and then look how canelo beat lara with ease had him running all night once he tasted canelos power lol.
      Cotto beat Mosley, Margarito beat Cotto = Margarito beats Mosley...see what I did there?

Comment

The more I think about it, I want Cotto

Originally posted by SeekDaGreat View Post
        Pacquiao has no credibility. He's been full of **** literally his entire life, pretty much since the day he became Arums puppet. Now he's cheerleading for Team Roach, how suprising...
        Hate, is bad for your skin. Makes it look all pot marked and reddish looking.
        Because after Lemieux loses, if Canelo has the MW Lineal belt, no way De La Hoya allows Canelo to face GGG. They will try every thing they can to keep that fight from happen.

At least I think Cotto retires, freeing up the belt for GGG.

Canelo will cry, whine, try to pay WBO off, or whatever else they will do to keep this mythical Canelo from being exposed.

They will attempt to have have the MW belt, but use it to entice fights with JR.MW's, all of them weighing about the same as GGG.

And it is possible that Cotto will face GGG. He has more balls than Canelo that is for sure.

Maybe after his money fight he mans up,.

Most think Canelo is the more likely to do it, I am not so sure.

Originally posted by Pozomuro View Post
        Am I the only Puertorican who accept the fact that Cotto doesn’t stand a chance against the much younger, bigger, and stronger gingerboy? This is a fairytale and it will end on Nov 21.
        You may be the only Puerto Rican to ever to predict a Cotto loss, indeed. Na, I am sure there are a few more.

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        Very high possibility. My only problem is GBP is making boxing real fun and I don't want them to regret it. Hopefully they get some more new blood so we can keep these great fights coming.
        Naw, GBP is just another entity that is gaming the system. I dont respect them at all. They will do everything they can to keep Canelo with the MW belt without having to face the best MW>

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
          I got Cotto winning a decision as well, Canelo doesn't pressure fight at all. Only way to really beat Cotto is to walk him down and bully him.

I can also see Canelo getting a gift decision against Cotto, and Cotto being robbed.
          I really don't see where you get the idea of a gift decision as if that has been a trend in Canelo's career.

Vs. Trout: It was close, but the knock down and the more powerful and decisive punching by Canelo made the difference. Canelo hurt Trout several times, while Trout never did hurt Canelo. The decision was no robbery.

Vs. Lara: It was even closer, hence the split decision. But even though Lara connected lots of clean jabs, he ran like a coward most of the fight and got severe body punching by Canelo, he was visibly hurt a few times, while Canelo just got snapped in the face a few times but was never even close to being hurt. So no robbery there by any means.

Vs. Floyd, it is true that a judge was nuts by seeing it as a draw. But in the end Floyd still won clearly as it should have been so there was no robbery.

There have been a few stoppages in his career where the referee could have waited a bit more, but the truth is that the opponent was really hurt and at risk of getting severe damage by Canelo, so they were good stoppages. One of the most controversial ones was vs. Angulo, but that uppercut was really criminal and if Canelo had repeated that a few more times, Angulo could have ended up with permanent damage.

So if you think Canelo got gift decisions vs. Trout and Lara, well that's your opinion, but in both fights, Canelo threw the most meaningful shots and did hurt the opponent, and that was enough for the judges who saw him win, which does not equal to a robbery vs. his opponents in any way.

To each their own. I have no favorite for this one really. May the best man win and I hope neither the referee nor the judges are a factor, like you are implying it will happen in the final outcome.
          Last edited by sterilizer; 10-09-2015, 01:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Travycat View Post
            I literally can't pick a winner for this fight. Vegas has Canelo listed as a favorite (-245 Canelo/+205 Cotto). What I'm more interested in is how did Klitschko lightly tear a calf muscle so the fight was pushed back a month and Wladimir went from being a -425 favorite to an even bigger favorite at -500 ?! I really wish I knew what all of these oddsmakers do from inside the camps. That is useful.
            Odds are determined when the fight is on, but from then onwards, the predictors "move" the odds by betting. So obviously the oddsmakers determined a big odds, a value from the bettors perspective, for Klitschko on the first fight (aka There were a lot of money on him the first time). So this time they put him as a bigger favourite. They need to change the odds, so that whatever actually happens on the match they win.
            I hope its clear.

Comment

Freddie is doing the same thing as he did before the Manny/Floyd fight, talking his guy up to try and build his confidence because he knows his guy is an underdog. Now he has Pacquiao helping him out.
              The more Roach talks the more confident I am in Canelo winning this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                Hate, is bad for your skin. Makes it look all pot marked and reddish looking.
                Because after Lemieux loses, if Canelo has the MW Lineal belt, no way De La Hoya allows Canelo to face GGG. They will try every thing they can to keep that fight from happen.

At least I think Cotto retires, freeing up the belt for GGG.

Canelo will cry, whine, try to pay WBO off, or whatever else they will do to keep this mythical Canelo from being exposed.

They will attempt to have have the MW belt, but use it to entice fights with JR.MW's, all of them weighing about the same as GGG.

And it is possible that Cotto will face GGG. He has more balls than Canelo that is for sure.

Maybe after his money fight he mans up,.

Most think Canelo is the more likely to do it, I am not so sure.

You may be the only Puerto Rican to ever to predict a Cotto loss, indeed. Na, I am sure there are a few more.

Naw, GBP is just another entity that is gaming the system. I dont respect them at all. They will do everything they can to keep Canelo with the MW belt without having to face the best MW>
                But canelo is sexier than golovkin

and if you have red hair you dont have to fight your mando

its in the WBC rules

Comment

Pac and Cotto are stablemates, but I've heard that they don't exactly share the gym together. When Pac is there, Cotto is not and vice versa. There is tension due to their match up and the cards stacked in Pac's favor at the time. They have a mutual respect, but I wouldn't really call them buddies or friends.

Regarding the fight, I believe Cotto will be very accurate and stronger than Canelo anticipates. His footwork is also on another level than Canelo's and his jab (among the best in the business) will be snapping Canelo's head back all night. It will set up his left hook and he will eventually catch Canelo with a big body shot that drops Canelo. He will be conscious but his legs won't let him beat the count. Cotto by bodyshot KO in the 9th round.

Comment

Cotto has the experience edge, speed, power and can box or bang when needed.
                    Canelo has yet to prove his best yet.
                    Canelo is flat footed and ponders. He is accurate but against Cotto I doubt as much.

Alright people. Look at the fight Floyd vs Cotto % then look at the % in the fight of Floyd vs canelo.
                    Floyd-Cotto 26% may weather 21% cotto. Cotto even busted up Floyd some.
                    Then u have Floyd-canelo 46% to 22%
                    Now who fought the lb for lb best boxer in the world and made a fight with Floyd style. Cotto.
                    I give only youth and hunger to Canelo. That's about it.
                    And 99% of Cotto's fights, he has been hungry. The only shi+ fight I have ever seen Cotto in was Trout.

Comment

Canelo by late TKO, and Manny can get some next Cinco de Mayo.

Comment

Working...
                      X