Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler:Ward is boring, clinched me 88 times! I counted it! He headbutts! has no fans

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kessler:Ward is boring, clinched me 88 times! I counted it! He headbutts! has no fans

WOW strong words by Kessler towards Andre Ward.
    SRC Original in Danish: http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_s...ng-men/5697125
    Ward is clever … But he’s not a fighter, Kessler told Boxing News.

“Ward just doesn’t want to fight. Sometimes you should make rules against clinching. When I fought him in 2009 he clinched me 88 times. When we watched it on tape we actually counted. I tried to push him away but he’s clever at what he does. He’s a world champion of that. But I think he’s actually scared. He throws fast punches, light punches, and then holds you. It’s so boring. That’s why he has no fans. He’s not a big name and he likes to stay at home.

“Showtime had to do everything to help him because there were no other Americans who could win the Super Six [the super-middleweight series which Ward won after defeating Froch in the final in December 2011]. The ref was not on my side. When I got the cut they took me to the doc and he said: ‘We’re going to stop the fight.’ The cut was clear of my eyes but they still stopped it. I had just started to attack him and I got him in the corner but they got scared and called in the doctor.”
    Related gif:

How can you support such dirty fighters?
    Last edited by _Maxi; 08-12-2016, 05:50 PM.

Mikkel Kessler speaks the truth about Andre Ward.

That rotten referee was permitting Ward to use illegal tactics including head butts in that fight.

Ward relies on illegal tactics and demands all the advantages because he's really NOT THAT GOOD.

Comment

If you're a Wlad fan you can't really complain about clinching.

Comment

who gives a crap.......also get this. i don't feel sorry for kessler. he was trying to cheat with his hand wraps. the guy had been illigally wrapping his hand wraps for most of his career LOL stacking them which makes the feel harder & gives a rock effect. & he is talking about headbutt and clinches? kessler tried to illegally wrap his hand wraps in that fight........

Comment

Not they I disagree with the post but how can you have John Stockton in your sig and talk about not supporting dirty fighters? Stockton was mad dirty lol

Comment

Before people cry that it's because Kessler "lost", Kessler gave Calzaghe props.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
              If you're a Wlad fan you can't really complain about clinching.
              But Wlad doesn't have a history of deliberate head butts (at least not until he got old, slower and desperate during his last fight). Hopkins didn't resort to head butts until he got old.

If you're a Mayweather fan you can't complain about anyone failing to get a KO. Yet Floyd's biggest fan Kellerman says "Kovalev didn't look good in his last fight, he went the distance".

Max went on and on about how wonderful the current apple of his eye Terrence Crawford was for his decision win over Postal, but on the Kovalev-Pascal HBO card, he complained and b1tched about Mikhaylenko failing to stop the defensive-minded Mayfield.
              Last edited by The Hammer; 08-12-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

heres the props that he gave calzaghie

ILLEGALLY wrapping his hands.

look, i have done amateur boxing & even i know how my wraps should go. I also know how to legally wrap another fighters hands. it's very basic stuff.

kessler knew that his own hands were being wrapped illegally but only called out his corner man when hunter started to complain. "oh oh yes, maybe that looks illegal the way u did it. i don't know. yes. you should change it now"

other wise if hunter didn't say anything kessler wouldn't have said anything

if u guys wanna b*tch cry and complain lets B*tch cry and complain about something thats actually pretty ****ed up

skip to 1:30

Comment

88 times? That's just the first 2 rounds of a Wlad fight.

Comment

Originally posted by casualfan View Post
                    Before people cry that it's because Kessler "lost", Kessler gave Calzaghe props.
                    Yes, because Joe won fairly.

Joe Calzaghe was much better than Ward, he didn't need a home ref who permits him to cheat (head butt, hit off the break, low blow, and clamp his opponents' arms).

When Calzaghe moved up to light heavyweight, he took on the Ring Champion in his very first fight at 175 and in that boxer's home country (without any interim fights like Ward has had).

Comment

Working...
                    X