No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrell Miller Stops Fred Kassi in Three Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
    The guy is 6'4 297 pounds , he's super heavyweight..

Time for boxing new division

Heavyweight 210 - 250
    Super Heavyweight 251+
    Theres not enough fighters over 249 that wouldn't make much sense when the majority talent is below that mark......you would have Dillian Whyte fighting Fury or Mariusz Wach....instead of Wilder or Klitchko .

A new class should be made but it would be 225 and over ! Kassi is nearly 240 where thats the average weght today, Miller 300 where thats NOT .
    Last edited by juggernaut666; 08-20-2016, 06:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
      It's always good to have this type of guy roaming around the HW division, young, brash, winning fights. He's a black American at that.
      About a year or so ago I said he was a HW to keep an eye on. Yeah 296 is a little heavy but I had seen him 20lbs lighter in other fighters. He is big & actually throws lots of punches for a guy his size. He threw a jab but his big thing was going to the body. He would throw combos to the body & you don't see that all the time in HW boxing. You can't lean on the guy because of his size. He is taking care of C level guys pretty easily so let's see what he can do with the B level fringe guys like Arreola & Derric Rossy. He will need to get into better shape so he can keep up that attack for 10-12 rounds. That will be the key for him. Yes big guys have had success before but their shelf life near the top is brief as the guys in better shape year round usually have longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
        About a year or so ago I said he was a HW to keep an eye on. Yeah 296 is a little heavy but I had seen him 20lbs lighter in other fighters. He is big & actually throws lots of punches for a guy his size. He threw a jab but his big thing was going to the body. He would throw combos to the body & you don't see that all the time in HW boxing. You can't lean on the guy because of his size. He is taking care of C level guys pretty easily so let's see what he can do with the B level fringe guys like Arreola & Derric Rossy. He will need to get into better shape so he can keep up that attack for 10-12 rounds. That will be the key for him. Yes big guys have had success before but their shelf life near the top is brief as the guys in better shape year round usually have longevity.
        I can't find this fight anywhere. What I've seen of the guy so far is nothing impressive, though. And as you say he needs to drop weight if he is to be taken serious at higher levels. He has a big mouth and a big belly so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          I can't find this fight anywhere. What I've seen of the guy so far is nothing impressive, though. And as you say he needs to drop weight if he is to be taken serious at higher levels. He has a big mouth and a big belly so far.
          I got 6 of his fights against lower level opponents. Kassi is his best so far then that guy Donovan Dennis who went to the finals of the ESPN tourney & lost to Andriy Fedosov. He's ready for the next level...

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            He's surprisingly athletic for such a big guy. And I agree about his combos to the body, I noticed that about two fights ago and it definitely sets him apart from a lot of the guys currently in the division.

If he can keep the weight down and the cardio up he should be a fun addition to the heavyweight scene.

Comment

Kassi was on his way to getting KTFO. Too bad we didn't get to see more of Miller. Put him in with guys like Rossy, Witherspoon or Kauffman. This fight was so short maybe you get him back out there in a couple months against Dawejko and let him avenge the one draw on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by Sadiqkingofko View Post
                Fury, Arreola, and Breazeale coudn't do that
                Mansour Brutally KO'd him he was out for a few minutes

Comment

Originally posted by BattleAxePurist View Post
                  Mansour Brutally KO'd him he was out for a few minutes
                  Ya ik, Mansour is a beast

Comment

Funny comments on here and elsewhere "Yeah 296 is a little heavy" "He's fast for a big guy"...

Look, the guy is as fat as a baby blimp who WILL have a heart attack and die if he doesn't stop stuffing his fat pie hole. Either in the ring, during training, or after retirement from the ring. Fighters are supposed to be ATHLETES, not food giants. And besides being a beached whale hogbeast, he talks WAY too much. Fun to watch, but then the freak show at the circus is too sometimes. Joshua would embarrass him, Fury would out slick him, Wilder or Ortiz would flat out dump him flat on the canvas. And he'd limp away with a big paycheck to go buy mountains of food. Really tired of these ee-diotts parading as boxers when they don't even have enough self-discipline to train and eat properly. Can't do that? Be a sumo wrestler. Sorry to offend his fans, but that's the reality of it. If he isn't at least 20 lbs. lighter next fight, and 20 more lighter the one after that... I'm writing him off as a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                      Is this guy the new Shannon Briggs?
                      That's exactly who he reminded me of, but he actually moves well for a dude his size. Briggs, on the other hand resembled a statue trying to walk. I wanna see Miller vs Arreola/Breazeale, then put him in with Ortiz. Whoever wins that should get a title shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X