No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Praises Orlando Cruz For Coming Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
    Total up the number of punches in both fights and you'll see why Cottos face looked different.
    This right here. You can't make any sort of judgement on Margarito hitting harder in the first fight, due to the fact that Cotto outboxed him and kept Margs from landing anything.

In fact, Cotto's face looked way worse coming out for the last round of the second fight than he did in the same round of the first fight, despite not getting hit with ****.

I respect the fact that by being caught with illegal wraps Margarito tarnished all of his previous wins, he did indeed, but saying you know with any certainty that Margarito cheated in the first fight against Cotto is childish. Cotto's face has swollen easily his entire career and Margaito landed an inhuman amount of clean punches on the man.
    Last edited by paulf; 10-08-2012, 08:10 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
      I agree,you are 100% correct that you do not have to hate to recognize that something is wrong. And I actually have had disagreements with people on this subject that I believe may be misguided but they aren't bigots. However, you simply aren't one of them and that is evident by the hateful language that you choose to use. Such as f@g and ass bandits and comparing them to incest. They are just downright hateful and hurtful words and most normal people would agree with that.

And who said anything about you putting your hands on anyone? But, are you really trying to say that you are only a hateful bigot if you physically put your hands on someone and offensive hateful words really mean nothing?

Just so we are clear I am in no way comparing you to him. He is just the best example I could think of to make a point. Hitler was one if not the worst bigot in the history of humankind. I believe that everyone would agree with that, right?

With that said I am sure, no really I am positive, that Hitler didn't physically touch anyone as they marched into the gas chambers at Auschwitz. But his hateful words sure were responsible with getting those poor souls stuffed into those cattle cars and on their way. So, I would say that words especially hate filled ones can be pretty powerful and sometimes even outright dangerous and deadly.

As far as my essay's are concerned you really don't have to read any of them. But, I will say this you have responded to this thread over thirty times, that is thirty freakin times. And so far I have only read one that actually had anything to do with boxing. I bet that is at least twice as much or even three times as many responses as the next person. Don't you think that is a bit obsessive and maybe even a bit of grandstanding on your part? After all this is only an online discussion we are having.

In closing I will say that just like you and I ****sexuals can't change who they are because they were born that way. You even admit that. However, you have the ability to change how you think and feel. Simply because you were not born that way and it is a learned behavior. I know because I changed but only when I had the willingness to do so. Simply because as I stated earlier it takes way to much energy to hate. And as much as you try to spin it or split hairs you are in fact a hateful bigot. And its strange how you were actually the first to use that word within are discussion. Good luck to you!
      The reason I'm responding is because most like-minded guys (like the one's who've been pm'ing me) shy away from these discussions because they don't want to deal with the typically cliched ****phobe/closet case responses. I'm showing them that they can deal with the f@g loving pc brigade with regular arguments. If you don't like the words I use then tough sh_t, look at the names I've been called in this thread, you think it bothers me? I don't use the word out of hate, I use it cause it's the word I've always used in casual conversation and I'm not going to change it for a boxing forum of all things. There's not one act I've done in my life that could be construed as hate towards any group. I've never advocated violence or persecution of f@gs. We're having an online discussion about why some, like myself, consider it wrong. I don't preach this in everyday life cause there's no need to. The discussion came up here so I'm responding. I've made plenty of boxing related posts but that's not what the discussion in this thread is about. The hate and intolerance is coming from you guys.

Comment

• Chaos,

Mmmm, you don't seem very offended by ****sexuality between women, do you? A bit of selectivity on your part? A bit of inconsistency, perhaps? Is it OK because you wank off to it?

Comment

• Class all the way future 5 time champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
            1. Is it immoral to be gay?

2. Or is it immoral to act gay?

If yes to #1, explain that, because it makes zero sense to me. Neither nature or nurture really matters because it doesn't change the fact that they're gay.

If yes to #2, explain what the immoral part of a ****sexual act is, and why. Your earlier explanation was simply "because if everyone did it, we'd go extinct". Am I misrepresenting you by saying that? I don't think so, but here's your chance to set the record straight.

If you're going to keep replying, answer these questions simply and clearly so there aren't any more communication problems. My view up to now is that you're being purposely ambiguous because you have no argument. "Because it's just wrong" is an insufficient reason for something, for the record. If your answer is "because the Bible tells me so", just say it. We can end the conversation right there.
            Being born that way (if in fact that's the case) is a mistake of nature. Like being born a ******. It's an aberration, plain and simple. I don't know for a fact if people are born that way or not because so far there's no evidence for either side, but I'm answering the question hypothetically.

Acting on it, however, is obviously a choice and one that I think is wrong, but it's none of my business what people do behind closed doors. Just like I think it's wrong for consenting adults to engage in incest. I'm sure most people will agree that incest is wrong, but there's no need to explain why, it just goes without saying. I'm confident that even you wouldn't argue with me about incest being wrong; well that's how I think for both situations. I'm not saying they're the same thing, I'm just giving an example of two things that I think are wrong in and of themselves. I don't need to spoon feed you every reason why I think it's wrong because that's not the purpose of this discussion. There's obviously other reasons for my personal views, but I'm more interested in explaining why they're abnormal.

Basically, I'm making an over-arching argument that being born like that (again, if in fact that's the case) is not the way it was meant to be. And a very simple example to prove it is the procreation argument. Just like a man/woman being born sterile is not the way it was meant to be. That doesn't mean you persecute them, but it means there's nothing wrong with acknowledging the fact that they're abnormal. How much value one puts on that abnormality is up to the individual person. It just happens that the majority of the world considers it abnormal.

Now, if they kept it to themselves no one would care. Do we need to have straight parades every year? No, because no one gives a sh_t; it should be the same way with them. The problem is that society wants to tell them they're normal and so they want to be treated like a normal couple, whether it's for the purpose of marriage or adopting kids, which I'm obviously against in both instances, but that's a whole separate discussion that's best left for another time.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
              Class all the way future 5 time champ.
              Is Trout even the real WBA champ? I'm confused here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                Is Trout even the real WBA champ? I'm confused here.
                Mayweather is the Super WBA Champion of the World, Trout the regular champ.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Angel View Post
                  Mayweather is the Super WBA Champion of the World, Trout the regular champ.
                  That's just fucking dumb! Super/Reg? Just like dumb intern belts.

If Floyd is Super then I don't see Cotto being a 5 time since Trout isn't really "the" champion.

Comment

• Chaos,

You don't like looking at it? Don't watch, simple as that. So long as equable standards of decency aren't being breached, I don't see why you simply can't look the other way.

Keep in mind that words like norma/abnormal are relative terms. What you find normal may be abnormal to someone else. What you find abnormal may be normal to someone else. You're entitled to your view but you must realize that it is an opinion based on an opinion, and not necessarily an opinion based on fact.

The real issue here may be your own personal frame of mind. You may have had experiences of some sort - I'm interested to know if that's the case. A bad experience can traumatize some people.

Comment

• lol at the cotto circle jerk...class my ass any real puerto rican will tell you that cotto is a alcoholic snob...

Comment

Working...
                      X