Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doesn't matter that Cotto and Marg are passed their prime. This is real beef

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have never seen anybody knock out Mayorga in the 12th round. Oh wait an old Shane Mosley did it. And past prime versions of Trinidad and DLH both knocked out younger and fresher Mayorga in under 6 rounds.

Not that Cotto is past prime...just that he was never that good to begin with. And he certainly isn't even what he used to be back then, which was not a big deal anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
      what do you base on him being passed prime? losing to margarito and pacquiao? because in his prime he doesn't lose?
      That and the way he looked in his wins over Clottey and Mayorga but specially because of the level of opposition his been fighting lately tells me Cotto is done

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        just that he was never that good to begin with. And he certainly isn't even what he used to be back then, which was not a big deal anyways.
        there you go trollin again. but I see your agenda, it's clear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
          how is this "real" beef?
          it's a rematch, they happen alot and most fighters dont hold grudges

ali-frazier was completely different, what ali did was legit ****ed up, not simply spanking him in the ring
          Are you for real? Potentially loaded gloves that altered Cotto's career permanently are less offensive to a fighter than being called "dumb" and a "gorilla"? Is that your honest opinion?

Comment

I don't give a flying f*** how far past it they are, because they are probably in the same physical condition and they are going to go all out. Both truly believe they will win, and have a lot to prove.

Comment

Both are past prime.

But I don't see this as a fight that will enhance either of their legacies.

I see this as just a straight up fight, in which neither guy like's each other and they just want to fight.

That's why I'm excited. I wouldn't be excited otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by dc6112 View Post
                Are you for real? Potentially loaded gloves that altered Cotto's career permanently are less offensive to a fighter than being called "dumb" and a "gorilla"? Is that your honest opinion?
                what ali did with frazier(when the sport was huge) had blacks practically turning on frazier and his kids getting bullied in school

what ali did and said, literally affected his childrens lives
                how is that not worse than
                "argh, you could have "potentially" loaded your gloves"
                "ok, but what if i didnt?"
                "argh....umm, well"

Comment

Who the **** says Its not relevant? Winner will be on the radar for alvarez and even manny paciquao after his stock falls if marquez or floyd embarass him or use this winner to duck them. Its better then bradley. Cotto is still the man at 154 next to kirkland.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    I have never seen anybody knock out Mayorga in the 12th round. Oh wait an old Shane Mosley did it. And past prime versions of Trinidad and DLH both knocked out younger and fresher Mayorga in under 6 rounds.

Not that Cotto is past prime...just that he was never that good to begin with. And he certainly isn't even what he used to be back then, which was not a big deal anyways.
                    You're an idiot, period. Cotto is how much smaller than all of those guys? Especially Tito and Oscar? Cotto is NOT nearly made for 154 like those three, so just GTFO with "him not looking good." They were all better punchers period, this is coming from the same guy that says Cotto is too small for 154. So... the "small guy" is supposed to run over guys that outweigh him by 10-15 pounds on fight night? Please, Cotto isn't in his prime but he isn't **** like you and so many others make him out to be.

Comment

it will be a good fight just like jmm vs pac

Comment

Working...
                      X