Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Mikey Garcia another Adrien Broner?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Mikey Garcia another Adrien Broner?

Both 4 division champs with weak opposition. When they stepped up against flawed big guys they got thoroughly dominated. I see the parallel. Both have the skills but simply do not have the physical gifts.

What u think?

What flawed big guy did Mikey fight? I didn't or haven't seen many flaws in Spence.

Comment

Spence was just a bridge too far, that's all.

Comment

Mikey is better but his body of work is similar. He's beaten mostly paper champions besides maybe Salido. He needs to get names on his resume.

Comment

Originally posted by a5pe4 View Post
          Mikey is better but his body of work is similar. He's beaten mostly paper champions besides maybe Salido. He needs to get names on his resume.
          I mean the fact he thoroughly beat Broner shows he's not Broner or on that level lol.

And the OP said when they faced big flawed fighters they got beat. Um, Spence is an elite WW, rated no lower than 2nd. No shame in losing to someone like him.

Comment

I've never seen Broner totally dominated. He lost some fights but not dominated.

There's no comparison between the two. Garcia is a fairly humble guy who thought he could beat the bigger Spence. No one realized Spence was that much better than him. Broner think he can beat everyone including the people that already beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
              Both 4 division champs with weak opposition. When they stepped up against flawed big guys they got thoroughly dominated. I see the parallel. Both have the skills but simply do not have the physical gifts.

What u think?
              Pretty dumb thread after one loss against an elite huge Welterweight. Mikey started at 126, Broner at 130.

Mikey beat solid but unspectacular names throughout his career and showed pretty good consistency in performance, can't say the same about Broner who showed worrying signs even as far back as Ponce De Leon.

Mikey has beat Broner in a fairly one sided fight despite being a naturally smaller man.

Broner got beat up and wobbled by Spence in Sparring by all accounts and they had to stop it, Mikey went 12 rounds with small gloves.

Mikey would often hold his own in Sparring against Maidana by all accounts...Broner got beaten from pillar to post for the majority of that fight.

Now you can possibly put the sparring stuff to one side, but even then Mikey has had the better career, he doesn't have Broner's mental fragility and is worthy of being on the pound 4 pound list.

I think he'll bounce back and do well in the rest of his career as long as he's fighting guys his closer to his size, for me with his skill set and dimensions 140lbs is the absolute maximum he should be fighting at, even at that weight he doesn't' have the same smoothness and natural strength/power to inflict damage on his opponents as we've seen against Broner, Lipnets, Easter...that is his top out weight.

That is the only similarity in their career as far as I can see, Malignaggi was a clear warning to Broner that Welterweight was not his weight, and you could say the same about Mikey with his 140lb fights, but neither headed the warning signs.

Comment

If Mikey retires, without winning against a p4p fighter, then let's all be honest, he's about the same level as Broner, just a tad better.

Who did Broner and Mikey beat to become 4-division champs?

Exactly.

Comment

Lol I mean how is he another Broner when he went up to 140 to fight Broner and beat him soundly?

Comment

Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                    I've never seen Broner totally dominated. He lost some fights but not dominated.

There's no comparison between the two. Garcia is a fairly humble guy who thought he could beat the bigger Spence. No one realized Spence was that much better than him. Broner think he can beat everyone including the people that already beat him.
                    You think Broner > Mikey? LMAO!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X