Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Boxing Staff Says "Let the hype begin!" WTF?????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
    Hahahah....

you ain't ever lied kid!!!!!
    Yes sir!

I've been complaining about this for years.

What's funny is that what ESPN actually does in terms of boxing isn't bad.

I mean, FNF is a great show in my opinion. They get awesome guests on the show and Tessitore is really a class act. They also put together good cards a lot of the time. Dan Rafael is decent I think, and when they have him on, it's usually quality coverage.

They just don't do enough of it.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
      I think a great move for HBO or Showtime would be sign a similar contract to what UFC did. Allow ESPN to come to your fights and cover the after math and the pre fight build up, it would make a difference, and make business sense for both. Boxing is a big money sport and ESPN is kicking them to the side. I see more professional bowling coverage on that network for christ's sake.
      What do you mean "allow"?

The press are issued credentials to cover the HBO fights. Don't you see DR sitting there on press row?

You are making statements without an understanding of the mechanics, and the Disney economics. I would like to understand the ways that you are more qualified than Scott Guglielmino.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
        Yes sir!

I've been complaining about this for years.

What's funny is that what ESPN actually does in terms of boxing isn't bad.

I mean, FNF is a great show in my opinion. They get awesome guests on the show and Tessitore is really a class act. They also put together good cards a lot of the time. Dan Rafael is decent I think, and when they have him on, it's usually quality coverage.

They just don't do enough of it.
        There's my beef right there........just not enough...they really need to re tool the way they are doing things over there!

Comment

Originally posted by Al Haymon View Post

The press are issued credentials to cover the HBO fights. Don't you see DR sitting there on press row?

You are making statements without an understanding of the mechanics, and the Disney economics. I would like to understand the ways that you are more qualified than Scott Guglielmino.
          When ESPN does cover fights (only mega fights of course) they aren't allowed to air highlights of the fight for the most part. If they are, it's usually a brief clip that has no significance on the fight.

Sure, Dan Rafael is there at the press conference after, but that's about it.

They should get Brian Kenny or Tessitore or someone to go there before the fight, give their predictions etc. Then they can do the highlights after and comment on the fight. It wouldn't be a lot of time, and it wouldn't be that expensive to do, but it would go a ways to increasing boxing's popularity in the main stream.

Today, all things sports in America filters through ESPN, and if boxing is not filtering through that company, it will always be on the outside looking in.

Comment

Im sending you one of these in the mail.....stat!!!! maybe that will help you to find your myopic junk.....

Comment

I said "coverage". I do not consider cable company listings as "media coverage", Do you? I'm interested to know how you classify that in a marketing plan.

There was (is!) an article in the USA Today. Other than that, if you look at what there has been (not FUTURE as you are referring to), then you will see that my statement is accurate.

I believe that Pac is scheduled for Kimmel next month.
              Let's hear how you'd help promote this fight.

Give some examples.

Comment

LOL geez guys, just enjoy the fight.

The people who are being biggots about how bad it's going to do are watching the fight regardless, just like those who hated on Mayweather vs Marquez.

LOL people think they're marketing geniuses or expert trainers up in this ***** lol. I'm waiting for ring announcers next.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                  LOL geez guys, just enjoy the fight.

The people who are being biggots about how bad it's going to do are watching the fight regardless, just like those who hated on Mayweather vs Marquez.

LOL people think they're marketing geniuses or expert trainers up in this ***** lol. I'm waiting for ring announcers next.

Hmmmm.....hmmmmm.....hmmmmmm....**** clears his throat****

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIES AAAAAAAAAAND GEEEEEEETLEMAN.....CHILDREN OF ALL AGES.......

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS GET REEEEEEEEEEEEADY TOOOOO THOOOOOOOOOOOW DOWN.....UUUUUUP IIIIIN THIIIIIIIIIS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAATCH.....

(Imma copy right that **** so don't even think bout stealing it)

Comment

Originally posted by RicDaRula View Post
                    Hmmmm.....hmmmmm.....hmmmmmm....**** clears his throat****

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADIES AAAAAAAAAAND GEEEEEEETLEMAN.....CHILDREN OF ALL AGES.......

LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETS GET REEEEEEEEEEEEADY TOOOOO THOOOOOOOOOOOW DOWN.....UUUUUUP IIIIIN THIIIIIIIIIS BIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAATCH.....

(Imma copy right that **** so don't even think bout stealing it)

LOL

I'm serious though, people front so hard like they actually have a say in what happens in the negotiation and marketing process in making a fight. The few that I've seen that are "actually" in the business you don't hear a lot from, because they're actually "WORKING" in that field. LOL, you could be Moses on the internet, but in reality those people are gonna buy the PPV they spend countless hours on here bashing.

"Cotto vs Pacquiao aint gonna do ****!!! (brb gonna go order Cotto vs Pacquiao)
                    Last edited by Ravishing; 10-23-2009, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                      LOL

I'm serious though, people front so hard like they actually have a say in what happens in the negotiation and marketing process in making a fight. The few that I've seen that are "actually" in the business you don't hear a lot from, because they're actually "WORKING" in that field. LOL, you could be Moses on the internet, but in reality those people are gonna buy the PPV they spend countless hours on here bashing.

"Cotto vs Pacquiao aint gonna do ****!!! (brb gonna go order Cotto vs Pacquiao)
                      Dude I feel ya playa....I just dont' take it seriously you know?....it is after all THE INTERNET.......hahahhaa

Comment

Working...
                      X