Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interesting article on fixed fights during George Foreman's comeback

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know that I agree so much myself. I posted thinking others may find it an interesting read. Nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

Originally posted by Longhaul View Post
      To tall got dropped in his first couple of fight against straight up bums the media was calling him a joke as well as sports illustrated the writing was on the wall the fist live body was going to stretch him.What could he say after struggling in fights that were virtual set ups.He knew what awaited him and quit.
      - -Got dropped on a foul, low blow as I recall and then took a full LHk while on his knees, introductory for 101 dirty pro boxing as Loma can testify to.

He KOed 5 of six, enough to scare off legit boxers while making peanuts on the dollars he was making for the cowboys. Returned undefeated knowing he showed up you and all the other crummy people trying to rub up against his greatness.

Now don't you have a doggie treat to chew on?

Comment

Originally posted by QueensburyRules View Post
        - -Got dropped on a foul, low blow as I recall and then took a full LHk while on his knees, introductory for 101 dirty pro boxing as Loma can testify to.

He KOed 5 of six, enough to scare off legit boxers while making peanuts on the dollars he was making for the cowboys. Returned undefeated knowing he showed up you and all the other crummy people trying to rub up against his greatness.
        Now don't you have a doggie treat to chew on?
        You recall wrong he was knocked down with a left hook and then fouled when he was down.The decision was booed on live tv.Through the next five fights he showed little or no improvement.Red Smith of the New York’ Times said it best he can’t box he can’t punch and his chin gives off a musical twinkle when touched.After six fights he showed zero promise.Now you got a bone to chew and slobber on.Its a bone you’ve had before.

Comment

You recall wrong he was knocked down with a left hook and then fouled when he was down.The decision was booed on live tv.Through the next five fights he showed little or no improvement.Red Smith of the New York’ Times said it best he can’t box he can’t punch and his chin gives off a musical twinkle when touched.After six fights he showed zero promise.Now you got a bone to chew and slobber on.Its a bone you’ve had before.
          - -Nah, you crummy fans with glass chins making gay aphorisms on a boxing board par for boxing then and now.

What you know about boxing would fit on the pt of your pinhead.

Too Tall was a rare one off athlete harbors no such grade school hysteria. Retired after fighting in crummy backwaters in front of crummy fans for *******s and peanuts.

Won the 1st rds and then Fouled in the 5th followed by the 2nd foul, no KD, none, zero which is sorta yer Boxing IQ. Coincidence or coincidunce???

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ed..._Yaqui_Meneses

Comment

- -Nah, you crummy fans with glass chins making gay aphorisms on a boxing board par for boxing then and now.

What you know about boxing would fit on the pt of your pinhead.

Too Tall was a rare one off athlete harbors no such grade school hysteria. Retired after fighting in crummy backwaters in front of crummy fans for *******s and peanuts.

Won the 1st rds and then Fouled in the 5th followed by the 2nd foul, no KD, none, zero which is sorta yer Boxing IQ. Coincidence or coincidunce???

http://boxrec.com/media/index.php/Ed..._Yaqui_Meneses
            Your wrong but I will let you have your way.If you were old enough to watch those cbs fights live you would know he was a hyped up joke.If you want to rewrite history and say he walked away from greatness that’s on you.

Comment

Lmfao @ this guy trying to hype up Too Tall. Even more pathetic that you’re saying he’s better than Gerald Washington.
              Mario040481 Mario040481 likes this.

Comment

Your wrong but I will let you have your way.If you were old enough to watch those cbs fights live you would know he was a hyped up joke.If you want to rewrite history and say he walked away from greatness that’s on you.
                - -Never said he walked away from greatness, that's just you soiling yerself again.

He was already great on the gridiron, but a threat to the boxing establishment and thus not leveraged with good fights in the major markets using his high Q rating with the public.

Even with Arum muscle behind him he faced a similar dilemma in the Salido bout, the overall dirtiest bout I've ever seen between the dirty Salido and Cole the dirty ref.

Need to face down that deep tissue nether pain ever time Too Tall gets mentioned, the crumbles of yer crumminess!

Comment

Originally posted by Mario040481 View Post
                  Came across this old article supposedly* written for the Miami Herald by an author named Ken Rodriguez.
                  http://www.mombu.com/sports/t-moore-...n-6302080.html

*I say supposedly as it's not coming from that newspapers site but appears to be copy and pasted onto the forum I am linking to, it does appear that, per google.com, Ken Rodriguez is/was a legitimate reporter with articles on corruption in boxing
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8AVcEyyMco
                  24:11
                  "there's no substitute for action, whether you're a piano player or a boxer"

cant take credit from big george. nope.
                  not gonna happen.

Comment

- -Never said he walked away from greatness, that's just you soiling yerself again.

He was already great on the gridiron, but a threat to the boxing establishment and thus not leveraged with good fights in the major markets using his high Q rating with the public.

Even with Arum muscle behind him he faced a similar dilemma in the Salido bout, the overall dirtiest bout I've ever seen between the dirty Salido and Cole the dirty ref.

Need to face down that deep tissue nether pain ever time Too Tall gets mentioned, the crumbles of yer crumminess!
                    Queensburied did you say dirty referee like Lawrence Cole
                    Spot on with him.
                    Go watch Mickey Ward vs Jesse James Leija.
                    If my memory serves me right and. And that’s debatable at times.
                    Ward splits Leija right eye wide open with a left uppercut on the inside.
                    Referee Cole calls it a Head butt and not by a punch.
                    Teddy Atlas replayed the whole round, and not one time was Mickey head on the right side of Jesse.
                    And of course the fight was in San Antonio, where Lawrence Cole Is the king of Texas.
                    Cole was also helping a boxer years later telling him to stay down the count is only 6-7,
                    Ok now get up.
                    Very shady character.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      Lmfao @ this guy trying to hype up Too Tall. Even more pathetic that you’re saying he’s better than Gerald Washington.
                      Washington would sleep him

Comment

Working...
                      X