No announcement yet.

Obama Dismantling Arab & Muslim Registry Program

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
    lol You're still beating on this dead horse?
    I'm still correcting you, yes.

This convo was over a whiiile ago, and, as to what you just said, everyone can read the links for themselves when forming an opinion;
    It's not over till people stop replying. I was not online during my vacation, and I checked my Notifications when I returned. I saw you want to keep arguing, and yet prove my assertions at the same time.

I'm always up for watching you embarrass yourself.

You conveniently forgot to mention how, beyond that specific quote in the links, Panetta also makes clear that he doesn't believe the minimal amount of intelligence gathered through torture was because of torture's efficiency, and that it could have been taken through standard methods.
    I forgot nothing. Your source said the enhanced interrogation techniques played a role. Of course I'd said that already, and you for whatever reason simply confirmed that. I gave you thanks for that. Please try and keep up here.

It played a role. End of story.

When reading the entire link, the quote you posted very clearly works against your argument, for in it he's specifying how the majority of intelligence didn't come from torture,...
    It does not work against my argument, so you just made up a strawman argument.

I said they played a role, you've altered my argument to say most or all.

Stop doing that, please. It's fallacy, and has no place in a debate.

There's nothing to try again; this debate was over a long time ago.
    The debate is hardly over, since you keep coming back (of only to buttress my argument).

And I wager you'll be back again.....

Comment

Since you are not keeping up, here's my argument exactly as presented.

You'll see the words "most" or "all" or "majority" never appear in it, yet you added them in:

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      Simple, it helped give us Bin Laden:

"Leon Panetta says ‘enhanced interrogation’ tactics played a role in death of Osama bin Laden "

Source:
      http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1254336
      There is is. They "played a role". You then confirmed that. Why are you then arguing over something you just agreed with????

Comment

Originally posted by Monaco Slim View Post
        Obama is trying to cause as much chaos as possible before he's booted out of the white house
        Thankfully it's mostly via EO, so Trump will negate it quickly and with the stroke of a pen.

Anything requiring Congress should be easily doable as well, as the GOP controls both Houses of Congress and Harry Reid about killed the Senate filibuster.

Comment

Program hadn't been used in so long maybe it was time to get rid of it. I trust President Obama's judgement much more than I do Trump's. I am sure the President wouldn't get rid of it without researching the issue fully.

Comment

Dude, the debate here is whether torture is efficient or not; that's the real debate, and you know it.

Moreover, if the intelligence gathered through torture was minimal and negligible in how it could've been gathered through standard methodology that didn't include such a high risk of false information, then torture is worthless, and the role it played meaningless. What role is no role at all? No real role?

If you're insisting that it played a role in merely existing throughout that process, then that's nothing to debate at all. Everyone knows torture happened. That's not in question. What you and I and anyone reading know is that this debate's about whether torture played a significant role, which it didn't, and whether it's effective going forward, which it also isn't, as affirmed by the main source you claimed would counter my stance in the first place. -_-'

You've been thoroughly out-debated, and it's not because I'm superior (or think that I am, as people around here like to say), but because your ideas (in the same way as theirs') are simply incorrect.

If there's one thing I've noticed about you, it's that you've taken an L in every single debate I've had with you, yet not once have you accepted it. All you do is come back later and try to spin everything in a way that fits your narrative, purposely misconstruing evidence in the hope that readers will not bother to read for themselves.

That's not debating; that's just spinning.

I'm not going to bother anymore; you're going on my ignore list, and you can go spin stuff with the posters who like fake news. I'm not down for it.

Comment

Working...
            X