Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would you rank Israel Vazquez in a list of ATG fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not really sure but all I know is his trilogy with Rafa Marquez makes this man a legend. I know they had a fourth fight but I erase that from my memory, it taints this classic rivalry, no other 3 sets of fights can touch those in the last 7 years imo.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
      I am not really sure but all I know is his trilogy with Rafa Marquez makes this man a legend. I know they had a fourth fight but I erase that from my memory, it taints this classic rivalry, no other 3 sets of fights can touch those in the last 7 years imo.
      Was a great rivalry. No clear winner. 2-2

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
        Where would you all rank Israel Vazquez on a list for greatest fighters of all time. Is he top 50, Is he top 100, Is he top 200? What number do you say Israel Vazquez fits on in a list of Greatest fighters of all time.
        Izzy was a legend and one of the Super Bantams ever, I was and remain a huge fan..

Having said that I consider ATG's in boxing as top 50 fighters ever, I don't consider Vasquez as an ATG!

Comment

Even though I really like him, I wouldnt consider him an ATG.

He was a very exciting fighter, for sure and was involved in some very exciting fights, like this little gem - one of my favorites of the 2000's:

Comment

I don't have a list of the greatest fighters of all time in order starting with the best and going down to the 100th or 150th best and I doubt anyone else has such a list. I think Vasquez is an excellent fighter but not an all time great. There have been thousands of excellent fighters in the long history of boxing and you can't make them all of them all time greats or being an all time great would not mean much. Juan Marquez is an all time great to me but his younger brother and Vasquez come up a bit short of being all time greats in my opinion.

Comment

He isn't an all time great boxer. But he's an all time great TV fighter if you know get me.

Comment

Working...
              X