Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxers that are keeping the SWEET SCIENCE ALIVE!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxers that are keeping the SWEET SCIENCE ALIVE!

In a world of brawlers/come forward no thinking swinging for the hills, I hit you and you hit me, rockem sockem fighters. Its nice to see a few that that practice the true art of boxng, AKA THE SWEET SCIENCE. Watching Friday Night Fights last night ,I couldn't help but appreciate Henry "Hammering" Lundy apply his trade. The bobbing and weaving, feinting,rolling,half step,Jab,slipping and slidng on the ropes. The old art of hitting but not getting hit.
    As I throught about how easy boxing is once you learn and apply this method to your boxing game. Why so many claim to know and understand boxing but yet they go out and use there face as a catchers mitt. I just wanted to shine some light on the warriors that use thier brains in battle. The ones that train and set goals to master thier advantages in the gym, by practicing THE SWEET SCIENCE.
    Heres a shot out to the boxers carring the torch, keeping THE SWEET SCIENCE ALIVE! Hank Lundy,The Dirrell Brothers,Andre Ward, Sergio Martinez,Floyd Mayweather,Adrian Broner,Klitscho Bros, Gary Russell Jr,Nonito Donaire,Jab Judah, Juan Manuel Marquez,Tim Bradley,Chad Dawson,Bernard Hopkins,David Haye,Yuriokis Gamboa, and Shane Mosley to name a few. These guys bring the SWEET SCENCE to the ring with them. One of the hardest things in boxing to learn is defense, these guys are keeping THE SWEET SCIENCE ALIVE. Thank god for the true boxers in the game, otherwise it would be no difference from UFC/MMA. A bunch of no thinking, come forward, flat footed brawlers are very boring to watch after a few fights, I need the SWEET SCIENCE to keep me intrested.

LOLOLOLOLOL you had me until you mentioned freaking Tim Bradley who is the ultimate no skill, no offense fighter and Andre Dirrell who does nothing but run around in circles and is scared to death stand his ground and fight.

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
      LOLOLOLOLOL you had me until you mentioned freaking Tim Bradley who is the ultimate no skill, no offense fighter and Andre Dirrell who does nothing but run around in circles and is scared to death stand his ground and fight.
      Bradley has good skill,you will see in the Pac fight. Anthony D. does run around alot but his skills are undeniable. The boy can flat out box

Comment

You are confusing sweet science with being a flat out chicken. Two different things. Lundy showed a good display of it by properly balancing defense a good offense. Marquez is the master of this along with Pacquiao. Others just run and move like maniacs jabbing their way into a cowardly win.

Comment

Originally posted by SWEETSCIENCE100 View Post
          Bradley has good skill,you will see in the Pac fight. Anthony D. does run around alot but his skills are undeniable. The boy can flat out box
          Bradley has ZERO offensive skill, all he can do is spoil and throw weak flailing punches.

Running isn't boxing and if Dirrell could box then he wouldn't run so much

Comment

Sergio Martinez ain't keeping the sweet science alive my dude. He showed he had a good jab in the Dzinziruk fight , that's about it.

Comment

Bradley has ZERO offensive skill, all he can do is spoil and throw weak flailing punches.

Running isn't boxing and if Dirrell could box then he wouldn't run so much
              #1. Defense wins fights,just ask the Master of the game, Floyd Mayweather.
              #2. watch the Andre D. vs Authur Abraham. Look at the punch stats, also that was the first time Abraham had his back on the canvas in his professional career. Andre D whpped his ass. But you say he was just running. Look at the knock down son, this kid flat out boxed and use the SWEET SCIENCE to beat Abraham. If you look at ths fight and dont see the SWEET SCIENCE being applied then you dont know what it means. Dirrel used hi speed and foot work to stay out of harms way. It would have been stupid to stand and trade with the more powerful Abraham. This is why the SWEET SCENCE EXISIST!

Comment

Tim Bradley is a well rounded fighter, so you must be thinking about someone else - I hope!

Comment

Boxing and moving, hitting and not getting hit is just one aspect of boxing, you can't say it's the TRUE art of boxing. This sport has many aspects and that's what makes it so great. Guys like Armstrong, Marciano, Dempsey are ATGs in their own right even if they don't fit your description of the sweet science.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    Boxing and moving, hitting and not getting hit is just one aspect of boxing, you can't say it's the TRUE art of boxing. This sport has many aspects and that's what makes it so great. Guys like Armstrong, Marciano, Dempsey are ATGs in their own right even if they don't fit your description of the sweet science.
                    Same goes for the guy in your GIF, I'm pretty sure no trainer wants to see their guy throwing that punch. It's not so much what you do or how do you it, but what you get away with that makes you great.

Comment

Working...
                    X