No announcement yet.

Post here if you'll be rooting for SSM

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post here if you'll be rooting for SSM

Despite the fact that I think he'll most likely get pounded, I can't help but pull for the guy. The why shouldn't be necessary, but here's my reasoning:

1.) While I obviously don't know him personally, he seems like a good role model for young people and consistently conducts himself properly. If I'm wrong on this, feel free to post a video, but I honestly haven't seen him do any of the stereotypical "crazy" stuff fighters tend to do.

2.) Call me sentimental, but I have a hard time rooting against guys towards the end of their career, especially when they've provided as much entertainment for me as SSM has.

3.) He's a pretty big underdog. I haven't looked at the odds or anything, but with the way people are treating this fight, you'd think SSM was coming off chemotherapy or something. Everyone loves to see an upset, and I think this would be one of the bigger ones in recent memory.

Yeah, I'll be rooting for Mosley. I root for the underdog in most fights. Like you said there is nothing greater than an upset. They are proofs as to why boxing is the greatest sport in the world. It will be a big thing in history books if Mosley knocks him out or something.

Also, does anyone know anything about the contract for this fight? What are the weight requirements, gloves, ring size, etc.

Comment

I will be rooting for SSM even though I haven't really been that big of a fan of his compared to other guys of the last 20 years but now that his career is coming to a close I would like to see him have a chance to go out with a huge win (although sadly that will just keep guys fighting).

I also really want Pacquiao to lose to anybody because I cling to the belief that the internet boxing community will return to more stable levels of mental *******ation once he loses. Getting sick of watching all the ******ed pinoy talk **** about every other historical and current boxer. Just because a guy with the same color skin as them is having success, it doesn't make him the GOAT...I'm all for national pride and getting behind your guy, but ****ting on every other boxer just makes you look like idiots.
      Last edited by Saddlebred; 04-24-2011, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X