Collapse
No announcement yet.

Urijah Faber: BJ Penn Has 90 Percent Chance of Beating Kimbo Slice

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When he is motivated, Penn is awesome. Just that some fights he seems to take lightly and not train like he should. But when he is motivated and he trains, he is one of the best in the game at any weight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      You need to watch the early UFCs then. Royce Gracie beat guys alot bigger than him who were alot better than Kimbo is. Royce actually beat some Sumo guy a few years back who had over 200lbs on him.
      Yea but come on man, I mean the early UFC's were 5 guys that knew what they were doing and a bunch of street fighters.

I mean, I know Kimbo isn't a black belt in anything but at least the guy is schooled in to what he needs to do. I don't think BJ can out muscle him. I don't think he would be as sstupid to stand and trade with Kimbo, let's be real here........

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
        Yea but come on man, I mean the early UFC's were 5 guys that knew what they were doing and a bunch of street fighters.

I mean, I know Kimbo isn't a black belt in anything but at least the guy is schooled in to what he needs to do. I don't think BJ can out muscle him. I don't think he would be as sstupid to stand and trade with Kimbo, let's be real here........
        Exactly what I was gonna post.

Comment

Originally posted by Naps View Post
          Exactly what I was gonna post.
          Dude, the funny thing is, people talk about Kimbo as if he's a***** or something....

Reality is, if any of these guys saw Kimbo on the street he would beat their ass like they stole something....

Comment

Isn't Kimbo's big claim to fame being a street fighter?!?!

If you look at actual accomplishments, those early guys were heads and shoulders above Kimbo.

FYI, based on his last fight Kimbo has no idea what he is doing on the ground himself.

Comment

If Royce Gracie can beat Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn and Remco Pardol in their primes even though he gave away so much weight, im sure Bj has a good shot against Kimbo.

Comment

If you look at actual accomplishments, those early guys were heads and shoulders above Kimbo.

FYI, based on his last fight Kimbo has no idea what he is doing on the ground himself.
                Precisely, Kimbo's a street fighter with very, very limited knowledge of grappling. I mean if you look at the early UFCs and early MMA in general then Kimbo is now what Paul Varelans was back then. And Paul Varelans was beaten down by guys that were over a foot smaller than him and that he outwayed by a mile and that weren't as skilled a fighter as BJ Penn was or is this present day. So realistically I would say that BJ has more chance of winning this fight and Kimbo. 10 seconds on the ground with Penn and BJ would have him calling for his mama because he got his arm broken.

Comment

Actually Dana White said that during an interview with Dan Lebatard here in Miami. He even said that not only would Penn beat Slice but would do it under 1 minute.

I know Slice is a rookie in the game but there is like a 100 lb difference, I don't see that happening.
                  I remember a young Royce Gracie beating guys with 100 lb advantages.
                  It doesn't matter how big you are, if a 150-170 lb man has his full weight wrapped around your arm, it's over.

Comment

faber vs penn at 155 make it happen

Comment

No way those guys back in the day were better than Kimbo. I will give you an example. There was royce, Shamrock, Dan Sevrensen (sp?), Taktarov (the Russian dude) and maybe 2 other guys that were actually schooled in the basics of what we know as MMA today.

Now Im talking real early on but even guys like Tank Abott didn't know what they were doing on the ground and was just a big time puncher.

Now I know Kimbo's claim to fame is street fighting but fighters entering MMA today are light years of anyone fighting back in the early days of the UFC. Simply because we now know the basics needed to be a great fighter i.e, boxing, wrestling, Ju-jitsu, kick boxing ect. Back then, they knew one discipline or none at all. Kimbo may not be a great MMA fighter but under the tutelage ofBass Ruten, he has a huge advantage over the old guys in the early days.

Comment

Working...
                      X