Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Those Who Claim A Religion: What Does Atheism Mean/Stand For?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    Those were the dictionary definitions, but I threw in the synonyms just for good measure.

Atheists do not believe some dude stood as a human sacrifice to absolve them of their sin, therefore they stand and fall on their own actions, as they should.
    Yeah and nothing in the atheistic definition linked it to agnosticism.

Again, Atheists are SURE there is NO god and NO real religion.

Agnostics say that nobody is right to say either way

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
      Yeah and nothing in the atheistic definition linked it to agnosticism.

Again, Atheists are SURE there is NO god and NO real religion.

Agnostics say that nobody is right to say either way
      According to one of the dictionary definitions, atheism is "disbelief in the supernatural or in deities". I disbelieve in the supernatural or in deities.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. I mean you already managed to prove that you're stupid and weird.

Comment

According to one of the dictionary definitions, atheism is "disbelief in the supernatural or in deities". I disbelieve in the supernatural or in deities.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove. I mean you already managed to prove that you're stupid and weird.
        You said that atheism and skepticism were the same thing.

Comment

Originally posted by ILLuminato View Post
          You said that atheism and skepticism were the same thing.
          No I didn't. I said that atheism was a form of scepticism, a scepticism of deities and the paranormal. Just like I don't think that apple and fruit are the same thing, I don't think that atheism and scepticism are the same thing.

Comment

I don't think that atheism and scepticism are the same thing.
            You think or you know? If you're unsure I think you should consult a dictionary. I'm glad that you finally realize this

Comment

Atheism is a proof that human beings don't feel there is something superior to them, they're arrogant and can't accept the fact that there is an almighty God superior and that they should obey him. Those atheists are, for most of them, extremists and openly disrespect other's beliefs. They can accept the superiority of another man based on his wealth, his power, but can't accept the idea of worshiping the one that gave them life.

Agnosticism is an intelligent position of someone who think and want to know the truth. I respect that whereas atheism is a childish and ignorant position.
              I was almost atheist before, it was more a matter of me being a brainwashed sheep who was drinking all the things that society fed me in order to alienate me: sex, parties, money, clothes,etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Mayorga-Rules View Post
                Atheism is a proof that human beings don't feel there is something superior to them, they're arrogant and can't accept the fact that there is an almighty God superior and that they should obey him. Those atheists are, for most of them, extremists and openly disrespect other's beliefs. They can accept the superiority of another man based on his wealth, his power, but can't accept the idea of worshiping the one that gave them life.

Agnosticism is an intelligent position of someone who think and want to know the truth. I respect that whereas atheism is a childish and ignorant position.
                I was almost atheist before, it was more a matter of me being a brainwashed sheep who was drinking all the things that society fed me in order to alienate me: sex, parties, money, clothes,etc....
                Why is atheism arrogant and childish?

Its nonsense to say that atheists believe that nothing is superior to them. In religion it states we are made in Gods likeness, and are his greatest creation.

If u think u are just another animal lucky to exist on this fragile planet it is humbling. We are at the hands of nature and the elements.

Maybe some atheists are purposefully disrespectful and antagonistic, but most just dont see a reason to believe in a God.

It isnt black and white, there are degrees of belief and doubt. U can be an atheist and still say u cant know if there is or isnt a God. U just dont believe in a God. Ur not saying everyone else is wrong.

With religious belief, it could be argued that it is arrogant to think that the universe was created for life, and for us.
                Last edited by The Noose; 05-26-2009, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Anomaly View Post
                  Why is atheism arrogant and childish?

Its nonsense to say that atheists believe that nothing is superior to them. In religion it states we are made in Gods likeness, and are his greatest creation.

If u think u are just another animal lucky to exist on this fragile planet it is humbling. We are at the hands of nature and the elements.

Maybe some atheists are purposefully disrespectful and antagonistic, but most just dont see a reason to believe in a God.

It isnt black and white, there are degrees of belief and doubt. U can be an atheist and still say u cant know if there is or isnt a God. U just dont believe in a God. Ur not saying everyone else is wrong.

With religious belief, it could be argued that it is arrogant to think that the universe was created for life, and for us.
                  Good point but when i talk about atheists being arrogant, i'm talking by experience. I mean most of the atheists i know try so hard to humiliate believers, and then tell you you're ignorant if you believe in God.

Who made the watch if there is no watchmaker? There is no existence without essence first. So basically if atheist people see themselves as exegets ones with a rationalist and determinist( one cause creates one consequence and nothing can change that) approach there is no way essence isn't the origin of existence in any case. So basically, atheists believe in God without knowing it.

Comment

Atheism is the lowest of the low. These lost souls need guidance and support or they will spend eternity being punished in hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayorga-Rules View Post
                      Who made the watch if there is no watchmaker? There is no existence without essence first. So basically if atheist people see themselves as exegets ones with a rationalist and determinist( one cause creates one consequence and nothing can change that) approach there is no way essence isn't the origin of existence in any case. So basically, atheists believe in God without knowing it.
                      My one and only argument.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Working...
                      X