Pluhm (Thai clinch)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pluhm (Thai clinch)

Team Loco

I found this clip on K-1Fans… it’s in Nihongo but you don’t need to understand Japanese to appreciate it though.

I’m not sure who the Japanese grappler is but I imagine he’s probably a damn good grappler.
    Just goes to show, how different clinch aka pluhm work is different to grappling

To me clinch work is the true measure of Muay Thai prowess. I can’t tell you how many times I’ll get thrown to the floor by thai guys weighing 140 lbs and less, it’s pathetic sometimes.

The trainer at 96 Penang, said on video that you’d need a steady diet of about 5 years of clinch training to get good.
    5 years!?, ****, good luck if u havent began!

It’s impressive to see how easily the trainers at 96 penang toss him like a rag doll.
    Then to pluhm with Lamsongkram? oooouuuuuiiiiii!

Originally posted by Palma View Post
    Team Loco

I found this clip on K-1Fans… it’s in Nihongo but you don’t need to understand Japanese to appreciate it though.

I’m not sure who the Japanese grappler is but I imagine he’s probably a damn good grappler.
    Just goes to show, how different clinch aka pluhm work is different to grappling

To me clinch work is the true measure of Muay Thai prowess. I can’t tell you how many times I’ll get thrown to the floor by thai guys weighing 140 lbs and less, it’s pathetic sometimes.

The trainer at 96 Penang, said on video that you’d need a steady diet of about 5 years of clinch training to get good.
    5 years!?, ****, good luck if u havent began!

It’s impressive to see how easily the trainers at 96 penang toss him like a rag doll.
    Then to pluhm with Lamsongkram? oooouuuuuiiiiii!
    I totally agree. Clinching is a whole new monster for those who have never experienced it. I've only competed once w/ full Muay Thai rules, but the guy I fought was a total dud, so I didn't even get to use any type of clinching in a real bout. I use to hate clinch workouts, but I love 'em now.

Comment

Working...
    X