Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paulie is a Joke but lasting 12 against McGreggor shows u that Conor too is a joke

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
    Not even close. Conor is a striker in MMA and him being in his 5th or 6th week in training camp preparing for his biggest fight. Paulie gets off a plane, no coach, no nothing and goes to spar somebody already in fighting shape.
    This is the thing some people fail to realise, Paulie has gone 12 rounds multiple times in the past so will have enough natural conditioning to get through 12 rounds whilst in tick over mode, but put him in there with someone who's near enough at peak fitness getting ready for a 12 round fight at world level and he's going to struggle with the pace.

Put Connor in with a boxer who's naturally conditioned to go 12 rounds AND has had a full camp (let's face it Floyd has been training let's not buy the bs) and things will look very different, chances are McGregor will start to lose his sharpness midway whilst Floyd wont.

I agree with you about not having coach too, Paulie got ****ed over big time, which is funny really because he could have been an asset because of his knowledge alone and he seemed happy to help.
    Last edited by Spacey1991; 08-12-2017, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Idk about that. I think killing your sparring partners is a bad move just business-wise. In particular a guy who's easily your best sparring partner. If McGregor is treating them as bad as Paulie claims its a bad move to although most of what Paulie was saying seems standard sh^t (a scheduled thats based upon the main guy, Conor, more than the sparring partners that can shift dramatically + a okay housing situation & not a mansion or some $100 a day hotel).

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        Hey, half of the fighters on you fav active fighter list are no longer active lol
        LOL Yeah it's beyond outdated. I gotta put some new names.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
          This is the thing some people fail to realise, Paulie has gone 12 rounds multiple times in the past so will have enough natural conditioning to get through 12 rounds whilst in tick over mode, but put him in there with someone who's near enough at peak fitness getting ready for a 12 round fight at world level and he's going to struggle with the pace.

Put Connor in with a boxer who's naturally conditioned to go 12 rounds AND has had a full camp (let's face it Floyd has been training let's not buy the bs) and things will look very different, chances are McGregor will start to lose his sharpness midway whilst Floyd wont.

I agree with you about not having coach too, Paulie got ****ed over big time, which is funny really because he could have been an asset because of his knowledge alone and he seemed happy to help.
          Paulie has gone 12 rounds when he's had a full camp but to go 12 rounds fat and out of shape, jet lag and all, no coach, it just doesn't look good that Connor couldn't make him quit especially with all the natural weight that he has on Paulie. Either way Paulie is a joke and got played like the joke he is.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
            Paulie has gone 12 rounds when he's had a full camp but to go 12 rounds fat and out of shape, jet lag and all, no coach, it just doesn't look good that Connor couldn't make him quit especially with all the natural weight that he has on Paulie. Either way Paulie is a joke and got played like the joke he is.
            Completely agree, apart from Paulie being a joke I actually kinda like the guy, despite the fact he likes the sound of his own voice too much lol. I don't know what McGregors team think they're doing making a sparring partner go 12 full rounds though, he's training for a guy whos going to be sharp for 12 rounds, rotate your sparring partners, it was clearly an ego thing to play Paulie like you said.

Comment

[QUOTE=Spacey1991;17943180]Completely agree, apart from Paulie being a joke I actually kinda like the guy, despite the fact he likes the sound of his own voice too much lol. I don't know what McGregors team think they're doing making a sparring partner go 12 full rounds though, he's training for a guy whos going to be sharp for 12 rounds, rotate your sparring partners, it was clearly an

You're right he should be switching sparring partners to get the high intensity he'll need for this fight, otherwise he'll get stopped but it's a great way to sell the fight to the casuals.

Comment

I can't agree with this. Sparring is different than fighting. Mayweather's sparring has nothing to do with anything. Paulie is a rugged retired former champion who was never easy to KO in real fights with hard punchers going all out to KO him with the smaller gloves. That Conor failed to KO him in 12 rounds of sparring with big gloves and head gear doesn't reflect badly on Conor. That Conor apparently dominated the sparring with Paulie shows he is a better boxer than most give him credit for being.

Comment

[QUOTE=pesticid;17943226]
                  Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
                  Completely agree, apart from Paulie being a joke I actually kinda like the guy, despite the fact he likes the sound of his own voice too much lol. I don't know what McGregors team think they're doing making a sparring partner go 12 full rounds though, he's training for a guy whos going to be sharp for 12 rounds, rotate your sparring partners, it was clearly an

You're right he should be switching sparring partners to get the high intensity he'll need for this fight, otherwise he'll get stopped but it's a great way to sell the fight to the casuals.
                  True, its all about the money when its all said and done, he's probably been rotating other sparring partners tbh, they clearly wanted to just screw Paulie over.

Comment

Working...
                  X