Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua-Klitschko II: There Will Be HBO, Showtime Collaberation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An HBO/Showtime joint venture would have made Kovalev vs Stevenson in 2015 and we wouldn't still wait for Kovalev to man up ...

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      HBO better try to get into the Joshua business ASAP. That guy is the future of this sport.
      I don't think A.J. is going to last long in the ranks & HBO is steadily declining....honestly all they have is Roy Jones....regardless A.J. put up a great fight and the rematch would be another banger.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post
        An HBO/Showtime joint venture would have made Kovalev vs Stevenson in 2015 and we wouldn't still wait for Kovalev to man up ...
        Wait, Stevenson was the one who backed out...he even backed out when Hopkins called him out which is why we had kovalev vs Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
          I've lost interest tbh. There are more interesting matchup out there for both men. I understand it will probably make good money, but as a fan I don't see why I should give a **** about that. All that means is it interests people who don't normally watch boxing. Which just means more know nothings will sign up to places like this to tell me all about what they don't know, aggressively.

Besides that Wlad's kind of ****ty, always has been. He's never done anything impressive and his sole accolade is not losing to the most unimpressive rabble to ever box since 686 BC. I'm pretty sure all the current champions kick his ass and would have in his prime. AJ is a little better than Sanders, Wlad never beat anyone at that level or even all that close to it. At least if he's fighting someone who isn't AJ or Fury then it's worth questioning. Off the back of that KO it's silly to think AJ's not going to put him down quickly this time. I like AJ but I'm not paying him to watch him brutalize an old man who never accomplished much and has no good wins to stand up to the ATG resumes of the past.
          I think you are right for the most part & since you have rocky on your avatar I could say the same about him.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
            Wait, Stevenson was the one who backed out...he even backed out when Hopkins called him out which is why we had kovalev vs Hopkins.

Check your sources man ...

Comment

Check your sources man ...
              I have....so why is he fighting someone he beat already?? His time is coming to an end cuz we all know he ain't touching Ward & I doubt he can beat kovalev.

Comment

I have....so why is he fighting someone he beat already?? His time is coming to an end cuz we all know he ain't touching Ward & I doubt he can beat kovalev.
                That was all Politics man... Someone here will gladly regurgitate the what and what not about why these fights didn't happen... Until then, I still believe Stevenson could beat both, and both could beat Stevenson... We might see it happen... or not ...

Comment

Wait, Stevenson was the one who backed out...
                  http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...urse-bid-order

Just when it looked like the path was relatively clear for the light heavyweight unification showdown between champion Adonis Stevenson and three-belt owner Sergey Kovalev, a big wrench was thrown in the plans on Tuesday.

The fight is by far the most anticipated in the 175-pound weight class, but the chances that it comes off this fall as many hoped were greatly diminished when Main Events CEO Kathy Duva, Kovalev's promoter, decided against participating in a WBC-mandated purse bid on Friday in Mexico City.

The WBC, whose belt Stevenson holds, made the very unusual move of making the winner of the Kovalev-Jean Pascal fight on March 14, which Kovalev won by eighth-round knockout, the mandatory challenger for Stevenson.

Sanctioning bodies do not rank other organizations' titleholders, but WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman said he wanted to see the fight happen for the good of boxing and made the move, which was music to Kovalev's ears because he has been chasing Stevenson for more than a year. Last year, Main Events thought they had a deal only to watch as Stevenson, under the guidance of adviser Al Haymon, went in another direction and got crushed for it in the court of public opinion.

But after Stevenson (26-1, 21 KOs), 37, of Montreal, retained the title by one-sided decision against Sakio Bika on April 4, he and promoter Yvon Michel, whom Kovalev and Duva had accused of ducking the fight, professed their desire to make the match, be it to negotiate terms or let it go to a purse bid, where the promoter with the biggest offer would win the promotional rights.

Then Duva announced that she would not participate in the bidding process, which came as a surprise considering how much she dogged Stevenson for supposedly avoiding the fight.

Comment

That was all Politics man... Someone here will gladly regurgitate the what and what not about why these fights didn't happen... Until then, I still believe Stevenson could beat both, and both could beat Stevenson... We might see it happen... or not ...
                    Actually he was pricing himself out for Hopkins & kovalev....Lets see what happens now.

Comment

Originally posted by original zero View Post
                      http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...urse-bid-order

Just when it looked like the path was relatively clear for the light heavyweight unification showdown between champion Adonis Stevenson and three-belt owner Sergey Kovalev, a big wrench was thrown in the plans on Tuesday.

The fight is by far the most anticipated in the 175-pound weight class, but the chances that it comes off this fall as many hoped were greatly diminished when Main Events CEO Kathy Duva, Kovalev's promoter, decided against participating in a WBC-mandated purse bid on Friday in Mexico City.

The WBC, whose belt Stevenson holds, made the very unusual move of making the winner of the Kovalev-Jean Pascal fight on March 14, which Kovalev won by eighth-round knockout, the mandatory challenger for Stevenson.

Sanctioning bodies do not rank other organizations' titleholders, but WBC president Mauricio Sulaiman said he wanted to see the fight happen for the good of boxing and made the move, which was music to Kovalev's ears because he has been chasing Stevenson for more than a year. Last year, Main Events thought they had a deal only to watch as Stevenson, under the guidance of adviser Al Haymon, went in another direction and got crushed for it in the court of public opinion.

But after Stevenson (26-1, 21 KOs), 37, of Montreal, retained the title by one-sided decision against Sakio Bika on April 4, he and promoter Yvon Michel, whom Kovalev and Duva had accused of ducking the fight, professed their desire to make the match, be it to negotiate terms or let it go to a purse bid, where the promoter with the biggest offer would win the promotional rights.

Then Duva announced that she would not participate in the bidding process, which came as a surprise considering how much she dogged Stevenson for supposedly avoiding the fight.
                      Thank you, so duva backed out...lol...she don't have confidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X