No announcement yet.

10 greatest title reigns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Hard hitting bastard in that small frame though. Loved it when his face was driven into the turnbuckle WWE style by Barrera lol.
    he was so unorthodox fighters just could not handle his style But I always felt that as soon as he faced a sharp shooter counter puncher he would come unstuck ...barrera was a perfect style to beat him in my opinion and the beating he took made him shy away from boxing.
    But I saw him train one time and he was incredible seeing how he use to make good fighters look like amateurs.
    His legs were huge and his power came from those legs mate
    Last edited by The plunger man; 10-09-2020, 11:13 AM.

Comment

• Today Wlad Klitschko would be a top addition to the list. We’re talking at least top 5 here.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Today Wlad Klitschko would be a top addition to the list. We’re talking at least top 5 here.
        As much as I hate to say it, I agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
          he was so unorthodox fighters just could not handle his style But I always felt that as soon as he faced a sharp shooter counter puncher he would come unstuck ...barrera was a perfect style to beat him in my opinion and the beating he took made him shy away from boxing.
          But I saw him train one time and he was incredible seeing how he use to make good fighters look like amateurs.
          His legs were huge and his power came from those legs mate
          Well not completely since Hamed fought one more time. But yeah, he was destroyed after that.

Any other boxers ever destroyed mentally after one loss? I'm guessing probably, but did they retire right away or only after maybe one more fight? I know in MMA Gina Carano was gone after one loss, especially since she made a lot more money doing movies and Ronda Rousey only fought two more times before running off to WWE and doing a bit of acting.

Comment

Well not completely since Hamed fought one more time. But yeah, he was destroyed after that.

Any other boxers ever destroyed mentally after one loss? I'm guessing probably, but did they retire right away or only after maybe one more fight? I know in MMA Gina Carano was gone after one loss, especially since she made a lot more money doing movies and Ronda Rousey only fought two more times before running off to WWE and doing a bit of acting.
            I actually think Broner was destroyed after the first madiana fight. And lets not forget Left Hook Lacey post calzighe.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
              I actually think Broner was destroyed after the first madiana fight. And lets not forget Left Hook Lacey post calzighe.
              Wow yeah Maidana also retired after the two Mayweather fights, but Jeff Lacy fought 11 more times after the Calzaghe loss. Broner at least fought 10 more times, so I meant fighters that quit and were gone either right after their first loss or only fought 1 or 2 more times.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                Lol, it's like that though, isn't it? Naseem Hamed though only a featherweight seemed so much bigger on television. When he walked past me on the way to the ring to fight Auggie Sanchez I could believe how small he really was.
                FWIW, I saw Naseem Hamed on TV recently and he looked so much bigger.

Maybe you were just looking into his future.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeeMoney View Post
                  FWIW, I saw Naseem Hamed on TV recently and he looked so much bigger.

Maybe you were just looking into his future.
                  Lol, he has certainly gained weight. He is so small though he would just look like a really short fat guy.

Comment

michael spinks, chris john, darius michalczewski, john l. sullivan...
                    they were older fighters but not very old.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
                      I agree with number 1 but aside from that I have to respectfully disagree. I haven't made up my own but I surely wouldn't have Hopkins' reign that high on the list, for example.

To be honest a lot of Hopkins' MW title reign was rather forgettable.
                      - -Heh, fer a Finnish feller, The Great A was the greatest media sensation of this this era and great natural judge of talent and records.

Doogie and his host of minions made a festering hash out of their support for TBE TUE 51-0. Took a real boxing journalist in Thomas Hauser to expose that fraud. Popkins ain't even smoke and mirrors, more like incessant hitting on the break, low blows, rabbits, suckers, even a flying knee at Dawson's crotch that failing, caused him to go flying into the ropes squallin' about his shoulder. Ref TKOed him only to have Oscar who runs the Cali commish intervene to get a ruling change of N/C to tidy up the befouling stain in Popkins' trunks.

I could go on, but thinking about what real old school Marv and Carlos would do to him, not sure the ring could hold all the buckets needed for his tears...

Comment

Working...
                      X