No announcement yet.

Has Mikey avoided Easter???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Mikey avoided Easter???

First off I don’t think Mikey Garcia, the fighter, would duck Easter but could this be a case where Mikey’s team have seen the Easter fight as too little reward with too much risk??
    Robert Easter is also insinuating that this is the case.
    I certainly would’ve picked Garcia to beat Easter but Easter would’ve caused Mikey a lot more problems than Lipnets will. Garcia-Easter is a much more interesting matchup than the two alternatives, it seemed a lock to happen a few weeks back. What changed?

Big shame this didnt happen. When the Linares fight fell through i expected this to be next on the list, but instead they went after Figueroa and Lipinets @140.

Is Mikey too big for 135? I thought he looked small at 140.

135 is his perfect weight going off the eye test.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
      Big shame this didnt happen. When the Linares fight fell through i expected this to be next on the list, but instead they went after Figueroa and Lipinets @140.

Is Mikey too big for 135? I thought he looked small at 140.

135 is his perfect weight going off the eye test.
      I agree 135 looks his best weight, he’s more than capable of succeeding at 140 though. I doubt he massively struggles to make 135, he’s by no means a huge lightweight in terms of height

Comment

Garcia would have beat Easter Jr. Not sure why that fight didn't happen. Do you have links to Robert Easter insinuating something? Mikey was flabby at 140 against Broner.

Comment

Nah. I'm a fan of Easter but he's not been going after Mikey, nor do I think he even should just yet. I'm sure Garcia would have no problem fighting Easter if a good offer was presented.

Comment

yes. easter is too slick. i mean just look at him. best fighter ever

Comment

Title in 4th weight class= legacy fight Mikey is smart and wants to go down in the history books

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Garcia would have beat Easter Jr. Not sure why that fight didn't happen. Do you have links to Robert Easter insinuating something? Mikey was flabby at 140 against Broner.
                He tweeted something along the lines of they can’t keep running forever

Comment

Mikey is a popular boxer in demand. He can pick and choose his fights. He will go where the money is which is what a smart pro does. If he gets a big enough offer to fight Easter he will fight him. Easter is a good champion but not yet that well known.

Comment

Working...
                  X