Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kell Brook Still Mulling 'Weight' Decision, Will Return in 2018

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe Hearn can find the great Peter Buckley or set up a 4th fight against Ernie Smith for Brook. I doubt if Brook could even handle Carson Jones for a 3rd fight. But yet everyone considered Brook and elite fighter for beating Porter. It wouldn't surprise me if Khan put a beating on Brook. Brook needs to go back to fighting Euro bums with over 50 losses on their record to be considered elite again by delusional UK fans.

Comment

Originally posted by LOWBLOW_CHAMP View Post
      brook is still my top fighter, he took the 2 toughest fights you could back to back. nobody else in boxing would do that. lets see these other guys face ggg and spence level of danger back to back. brook has seen the worst he can only win from here!
      He spent his whole career fighting Euro bums one after another. He was bound to step it up sometime. He had his chance to fight Vargas, Rios, Bradley, Alexander, Chavez and refused all those fights to fight bums.

Comment

Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
        He never should had taken that fight his management set him up for failure. It ain't enough money in the world that's worth having fractured facial bones smh
        He rejected to unify with Vargas because he didn't like the money and ended up getting his face broken in. LOL I guess he thought he was fighting another Euro bum like he was used to fighting the past 1o years.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
          I know enough about it to be absolutely sure that doing a one and done where you cut less weight is not "yo-yoing".

I know enough about it to say a person who goes back to cutting weight the same he has basically his whole career isn't going to be a noticeably different fighter simply because one fight he weighed more than normal.

I know that both men are about the same size with Spence actually being a bit larger, and that Errol was inactive ALMOST A MONTH LONGER than Kell.

So miss me with that nonsense about what you "know".
          Tell me honestly who wins? 28 year old, active 147 Brook or inactive Brook who had changed his training and diet, went up and then had his face broken by GGG.

Like I said, you obviously have no idea about boxing or the human body if you think your metabolism and recovery don't change after 30, and that moving up 2 weight divisions and then moving back down would have no effect whatsoever.

You come across like a fanboy, desperately trying to overplay Spence's win here, it was a good win but he did not beat Brook at 100%, that's a scientific and boxing history fact. No professional boxer or trainer would advise doing what Brook done, and they didn't, it was him that was too proud to vacate his only world title.

Everyone knew Spence would be a tough fight, as he's world class and in his prime, but lets not try to make out he beat a prime and 147 active fighter here lol

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Kel looked tremendous against GGG at 160, till his eye socket got broke. I was looking foward to seeing him carry on his career at MW or SWW and it surprised me a lot when he came back so soon to defend his 147 title against Spence.

Clearly, that was a mistake. As you say, he looked like the better man for the first 6 rounds, then gassed dramatically, and I'm sure it was the weight cut that got to him.

When your own team are telling you it's time to move up, you really should listen to them. Kel should have relinquished his WW title and took a whole year off for his face to heal properly.
            I can't understand why people think that this would have no effect whatsoever on his punch resistance or stamina. Either Spence fanboys making trying to make it a better win than it was or they are stupid, there's no other option.

Boxing history and science are on my side.

Comment

Originally posted by filup79 View Post
              Maybe Hearn can find the great Peter Buckley or set up a 4th fight against Ernie Smith for Brook. I doubt if Brook could even handle Carson Jones for a 3rd fight. But yet everyone considered Brook and elite fighter for beating Porter. It wouldn't surprise me if Khan put a beating on Brook. Brook needs to go back to fighting Euro bums with over 50 losses on their record to be considered elite again by delusional UK fans.
              Khan is slurring his words badly these days bless him .It really is sad to see.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                You out of your dang mind son?

Thurman breaks his brain socket. Horn would blitz Kell. Garcia, Pacquiao, Matthysse all batter that fool back to Yorkshire.

Brook is a quitter who beat ONE SINGLE SOLITARY dude in his life.
                Brook got his eye socket broken for the second time in 2 consecutive fights, ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  He didn't gas because of a slower metabolism or age.

He gassed because Spence was pounding him downstairs from round 1.

And the same thing would have happened to any fighter who had to absorb that attack no matter what their age.

Kell was in fantastic shape, and if 147 was such a problem he would draw the line about EVER fighting there again, like Cotto did after Pacquiao.

Instead, Kell says "if the opportunity feels right", meaning Khan and any other welter that is a bonanza cash-wise.

Kell is a big welter, but that doesn't mean he does good at jr middle.

And, given what we saw recently out of Charlo and Hurd, and even Lara, I would advise him to stay at 147 if he can still do so safely.

He can beat pretty much anyone but Spence at 147.

He doesn't stand a snowball's chance in Hell against the best 154 lbers.
                  Ok. If you want to carry on believing that age has no effect on a fighters ability to cut weight and perform to the best of their ability afterwards, feel free.

Comment

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
                    I can't understand why people think that this would have no effect whatsoever on his punch resistance or stamina. Either Spence fanboys making trying to make it a better win than it was or they are stupid, there's no other option.

Boxing history and science are on my side.
                    Most of the people who post here DKSAB and are too dumb to realise how ignorant they are!

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                      Khan is slurring his words badly these days bless him .It really is sad to see.
                      I think those gym wars he used to get involved in at Roach's gym are catching up with him.

Yeah, it is sad to see. Say what you like about Khan, that guy has heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X