No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum To Continue Fight Talks With Al Haymon, Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by original zero View Post
    which is why the best thing for fans long term is for HBO to exit the boxing business.

do you see any UFC fans complaining that the top stars are controlled by one promoter instead of a dozen?

do you see any NFL fans complaining that the top stars are controlled by one league instead of a dozen?

haymon is attempting to gain full control of US boxing. it's a slow process. there are going to be growing pains. it's going to cost hundreds of millions of dollars to pull off (if he can pull it off).

but killing off HBO boxing is an essential part of the process. if HBO quit boxing tomorrow, boxing fans would benefit in a major way.
    I think having an HBO deal limits whoyou can fight where it used to expand the people you could fight. If HBO continues the way it has then I would agree with what you said about them getting out of the business.

However, if HBO returns to what it used to do with WCB and BAD when they first got into boxing then I think they should stay in the business.

I am satisfied with the prospect and smaller cards we are getting on Bounce, Foxsports, soleo boxeo, shobox, etc.. It's the major cards and the BAD level where the networks have been slipping IMO.

IF HBO goes back to being the force they were. I'd be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      I think having an HBO deal limits whoyou can fight where it used to expand the people you could fight. If HBO continues the way it has then I would agree with what you said about them getting out of the business.

However, if HBO returns to what it used to do with WCB and BAD when they first got into boxing then I think they should stay in the business.

I am satisfied with the prospect and smaller cards we are getting on Bounce, Foxsports, soleo boxeo, shobox, etc.. It's the major cards and the BAD level where the networks have been slipping IMO.

IF HBO goes back to being the force they were. I'd be very happy.
      As much as we wish they'd go back to those days,that's not happening. Even worse, they have a hard time allowing their fighters to fight elsewhere. So they're making things worse.

Comment

The two Garcia's, Mikey and Danny, would most likely stop mentioning Crawford's name now. Arum is coming to your backyard. No more excuses!

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
          It don't get any simpler than this:

https://youtu.be/zOjTPa8O4Xs?t=20
          Ether'd that boy

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            As much as we wish they'd go back to those days,that's not happening. Even worse, they have a hard time allowing their fighters to fight elsewhere. So they're making things worse.
            If the reports are true and the hostile takeover attempt is in the rear view mirror, then maybe they will invest more in boxing. Even if they just let Haymon fighters on that is a step in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              If the reports are true and the hostile takeover attempt is in the rear view mirror, then maybe they will invest more in boxing. Even if they just let Haymon fighters on that is a step in the right direction.
              Well they have (Khan, Wade). I haven't seen the reverse happen. I don't know what HBO is trying to do with boxing but I don't get all warm and fuzzy about what they've done these past couple years. This year in particular has been atrocious. Ahh well. The two sides should be able to work together, that's all. Whether sometimes fights are on CBS, or Showtime or HBO, that shouldn't be an impediment and I hope all sides recognize that for the greater good of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                Ether'd that boy
                I mean, really, that's straight from the horse's mouth. You won't find one quote anywhere from Haymon/PBC in a similar vein.

And that's even ignoring the $400 Million in lawsuits from TR and GBP too.

Comment

It don't get any simpler than this:

https://youtu.be/zOjTPa8O4Xs?t=20
                  Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                  Ether'd that boy
                  LMFAO, I guess "great minds" think alike. For one it makes no sense to post Bob Arum saying he didnt want to do business with Haymon, we all know how Arum is. And I mentioned nothing insinuating Arum did or didnt. All I am referencing is it doesnt seem like Al Haymon is dying to match his guys against Top Rank because if he were we all know 1 common language that Bob Arum and Al Haymon can speak and thats $$$ and supposedly Haymon has a whole lot of it, 3 years worth Im hearing.

Elotero, dont be red k'ing me talking **** saying IDKSAB. Slobbing Al Haymons knobs dont mean you know ****, and neither does surfing youtube or twitter, that just makes you are a fanboy. A true boxing fan dont just watch boxing on T.V., they actually live it.

Comment

Arum and Haymon working together always had to be some kind of grand bargain which even if that is the only possible way it takes time to work out the details. Neither really wants to let the other get over at their expense but there are a lot of fights they can do that will work out, so some will have to benefit Arum (say Lomachenko-Mares or Crawford Broner)while some will benefit Haymon (Thurman-Bradley or Garcia-Pacquiao). Some are more 50/50 but they can do some really good stuff over the short to medium term. I don't think it can last but they can certainly benefit from working with each other.

Play it up as PBC versus Top Rank as a PBC series and do it solely on one network like Fox. Do some specials on Fox Sports that can play on both FS1/2 and their regional networks to get people into the fights.

Comment

I mean, really, that's straight from the horse's mouth. You won't find one quote anywhere from Haymon/PBC in a similar vein.

And that's even ignoring the $400 Million in lawsuits from TR and GBP too.
                      Top Rank dropped their lawsuit.

Comment

Working...
                      X