Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

''The Life and Crimes of Don King: The Shame of Boxing in America By Jack Newfield

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ''The Life and Crimes of Don King: The Shame of Boxing in America By Jack Newfield

Anyone read this, whats it like?

Is there alot of interesting stuff about him? worth a buy?

Originally posted by TheGoldenEra View Post

Don't know if I'm a boxing fan , but a book regarding boxing is definitely not worth a buy , more so when it does not deal with the technique of it.

However , that subject sounds interesting so if you are a millionaire (have ready cash of more than 1mil in $) then maybe you can afford it.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
      Don't know if I'm a boxing fan , but a book regarding boxing is definitely not worth a buy , more so when it does not deal with the technique of it.

However , that subject sounds interesting so if you are a millionaire (have ready cash of more than 1mil in $) then maybe you can afford it.
      What the **** was that?

Comment

Excellent book! You have no idea how low down and shady King is till you read this book. Definitely worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
          What the **** was that?
          There are more important things in life than boxing , I am just interested in boxing , but it was always clear to me that there are more important things .
          Books are expensive , so one is recommended to buy only the ones that do not exist on filestube , megaupload , mega**** , emule , etc and are beneficial to the most important things , which boxing is simply not one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

Excellent book! You have no idea how low down and shady King is till you read this book. Definitely worth the money.
            yeah i agree JAB i really enjoyed reading the book several years ago... "a genius in tune with the higher conscience yet an instinctive exponent of the untiring search for aspiration in the warm earth embracing potential of exploited peoples".... was one of the quotes which King used. LOL
            Last edited by sonnyboyx2; 08-07-2010, 07:28 AM.

Comment

hey

this book is absolutely worth to buy. Kings story speaks for itself. Alot of great story about Larry Holmes, Witherspoon, Tyson.

Comment

i have this book, i only read half of it about 3 years ago lol. its seems pretty cool it shows pics of the guy DK killed lying on a sidewalk, it talks about DK confronting jack newfield about the book he's writing about him,i dont really remember a lot about it. i should probably finish reading it.

Comment

I remember the Channel 4 series 'dispatches' did a special feature on Don King several years back.Jack Newfield himself presented this feature which included an amusing segment where Don King unleashes a great verbal assault against Newfield in the view of hundreads of other journalists.

The feature covered King's early days as a criminal and his rise as the most premier promoter in the world.His "alleged" relationship with the criminal organizations and his financial dealings with his own fighters,many of whom have complained of being treated unfairly.

Tim Witherspoon featured quite prominently,discussing his problems with Kings when King was his promoter.His most prominent feature came through a clip of "Terrible" Tim getting down,dickie bow tie and all, to Cheryl Lynn's all time classic hit "Got to be real".
                  Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 08-07-2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by frankenfrank View Post
                    Don't know if I'm a boxing fan, but a book regarding boxing is definitely not worth a buy , more so when it does not deal with the technique of it.

wtf

Comment

Working...
                    X