No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin Battle To a Split Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Red_Menace View Post
    The worst thing about boxing is not the judges, it's the fans.

They don't even understand the scoring. You can win a fight 120-108, but every round could be razor thin. Could be an absolute war where one of the guys is 1% better each round, or a pure boxing match where one guy is 1% better each round. The score does not mean the fight is a blowout. You can have a fight scored 114-144, with each guy winning 6 rounds, but one guy could have won 6 close rounds and they other guy could have won 6 rounds dominantly. You can win a fight by taking 7 close rounds and then get your ass kicked for the last 5 rounds of the fight.

Ultimately the margin of the scores do not matter. A win is a win. I don't agree with 118 for Alvarez in this fight, but people need to let it go. One judge had it a draw and one had it a win for GGG. Two of the judges did not have GGG winning.
    Absolutely spot on.Theres so many fanbois who don't even score the fight while watching it & therefore cant even include the rds they thought their fighter won. I already posted my scorecard earlier of 7-5 canelo won 1-3,8,10-12. So many have no idea the criteria involved. Ring generalship-canelo, Defense-canelo by far, accuracy-canelo who landed more power shots with 72 less thrown, effective agression-50-50 because ggg was missing wildly all night,& yet on other hand found success upstairs but canelo landed almost all the body shots,& most the shots on the chin by far. Ggg just heavily outlanded in jabs & glancing power shots to the head.

Ggg was completely wasteful & canelo couldve beaten ggg easily if he didn't gas in the 5th through 8th. I think he did similar to jacobs,he used several rds to rest knowing hed lose a few rds no matter what anyways from exhaustion,but then he could unload on ggg in later rds when gggs punches are weaker. I literally predicted that ggg would lose 3 of 4 championship rds just like vs jacobs& I was completely right,canelo followed an excellent gameplan to nullify gggs power completely. I told everyone constantly that canelo has good footwork perfectly suited 4 his style better than gggs going backwards. while many claimed 4 ages that gggs footwork was far superior,

Comment

They don't even understand the scoring. You can win a fight 120-108, but every round could be razor thin. Could be an absolute war where one of the guys is 1% better each round, or a pure boxing match where one guy is 1% better each round. The score does not mean the fight is a blowout. You can have a fight scored 114-144, with each guy winning 6 rounds, but one guy could have won 6 close rounds and they other guy could have won 6 rounds dominantly. You can win a fight by taking 7 close rounds and then get your ass kicked for the last 5 rounds of the fight.

Ultimately the margin of the scores do not matter. A win is a win. I don't agree with 118 for Alvarez in this fight, but people need to let it go. One judge had it a draw and one had it a win for GGG. Two of the judges did not have GGG winning.
      Yeah. What we actually need to do is get rid of the paying public altogether - after all what the fuck do those dumb fucks know about boxing? Then we can all get together and have a little circle jerk while congratulating each other on our superior boxing acumen until we start wondering why there are no more fights on TV and why all the boxers went over to MMA.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
        the same thing will happen

the better fighter will make the better adjustments

we all saw that the better, more-skilled, fighter is Canelo
        If you follow social media and boxing press, you will see that "we all" the majority saw the better fighter being GGG, check out THEfightscore on twitter for more info

Comment

• Originally posted by Ajvar View Post
          You call her a judge? If one judge gives win and another gives draw you can't alter this score by a discredited freak. If she failed judging then don't take her pos as credited judge score, or is it legit you say?
          I don't agree with her score, but it's no less legit in the sense that she's a professional judge and her card counts as much as the others. I don't buy into bribery conspiracies.

Comment

very..... good..... post !!

Comment

• Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
              If you follow social media and boxing press, you will see that "we all" the majority saw the better fighter being GGG, check out THEfightscore on twitter for more info

don't link me

because, I am not interested in reading rubbish, no matter who said it

FACT: Canelo is the better/more-skilled fighter, and he has a higher ceiling than Golovkin

you can think that GGG won the fight, and good for you..... but no way is Golovkin a better fighter than Canelo, he just punches harder

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Absolutely spot on.Theres so many fanbois who don't even score the fight while watching it & therefore cant even include the rds they thought their fighter won. I already posted my scorecard earlier of 7-5 canelo won 1-3,8,10-12. So many have no idea the criteria involved. Ring generalship-canelo, Defense-canelo by far, accuracy-canelo who landed more power shots with 72 less thrown, effective agression-50-50 because ggg was missing wildly all night,& yet on other hand found success upstairs but canelo landed almost all the body shots,& most the shots on the chin by far. Ggg just heavily outlanded in jabs & glancing power shots to the head.

Ggg was completely wasteful & canelo couldve beaten ggg easily if he didn't gas in the 5th through 8th. I think he did similar to jacobs,he used several rds to rest knowing hed lose a few rds no matter what anyways from exhaustion,but then he could unload on ggg in later rds when gggs punches are weaker. I literally predicted that ggg would lose 3 of 4 championship rds just like vs jacobs& I was completely right,canelo followed an excellent gameplan to nullify gggs power completely. I told everyone constantly that canelo has good footwork perfectly suited 4 his style better than gggs going backwards. while many claimed 4 ages that gggs footwork was far superior,
                On my card Golovkin won the first round. I gave Canelo the fourth third and second. Every round after that G won and Canelo won the 12th. You don't understand how to score a fight. I have 8-4 for Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  On my card Golovkin won the first round. I gave Canelo the fourth third and second. Every round after that G won and Canelo won the 12th. You don't understand how to score a fight. I have 8-4 for Golovkin.

You don't understand how to score a fight if your dumb ass thinks your pov is the only right one. Theres tons of close rds & canelo outlanded ggg in power shots just like jacobs & in the 7 rds I gave 2 canelo he had more power shots & made ggg miss horribly & landing glancing shots to canelos clean eye catching combos all on the chin & gut. The shot placement breakdown backs my perspective,canelo landed almost all the body shots,& mostly all the shots on the chin/neck while gggs were only to top of head mainly.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    don't link me

because, I am not interested in reading rubbish, no matter who said it

FACT: Canelo is the better/more-skilled fighter, and he has a higher ceiling than Golovkin

you can think that GGG won the fight, and good for you..... but no way is Golovkin a better fighter than Canelo, he just punches harder
                    Canelo outboxed ggg & if it wasn't for him trying to prove he can go toe to toe he wouldve won more rds he let ggg steal. It was obvious that canelo was the better fighter who took rds off in the middle of fight & ggg the supposed monster body puncher didn't land anything to the body at all,& canelo was unloading counter power combos all night with far more accuracy.

Funny how canelo did everything Ive been telling these gtards & they claimed hed get kod off the ropes. He boxed off the ropes & ggg couldn't capitalize off it at all & would back up after giving up on trying. Canelo fought like himself while ggg pulled a kovalev & was neutralized just like kov. Canelo did just like ward & tamed the supposed killer. Gggs face was swollen & red like a cherry canelo was unscathed.

Canelo will dominate in rematch & is still improving every fight showing versatility just like in this one. Hell only get better at mw & is only 27.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                      You don't understand how to score a fight if your dumb ass thinks your pov is the only right one. Theres tons of close rds & canelo outlanded ggg in power shots just like jacobs & in the 7 rds I gave 2 canelo he had more power shots & made ggg miss horribly & landing glancing shots to canelos clean eye catching combos all on the chin & gut. The shot placement breakdown backs my perspective,canelo landed almost all the body shots,& mostly all the shots on the chin/neck while gggs were only to top of head mainly.
                      It ironic that you said your dumb ass scored the fight. I used my brain to score it. You must have used your butt since it's the first thing you thought of.

Comment

Working...
                      X