Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Diaz Crushes Conor McGregor, Ends Mayweather Talk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I won't say there goes his hype, he jumped up 25lbs in weight, all he does now is move back to 145lbs and say the lost was because of size.

Comment

Originally posted by vacon04 View Post
      Going up a weight division is a big risk. Moving up 25 pounds is just plain stupid.
      I know lol, he learned the hard way.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        Pfffffffffftttt.....

Comment

My understanding is the only reason it was a 170 is because Diaz didn't have time to train and get down in weight. Mcgregor was in great shape and didn't have to drain himself and lost to a guy that took the fight on 10 days notice.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
            This wasn't a forced fight or anything, just a guy thinking he's better then he is, going up in weight and biting off more than he can chew (in this case against a decent fighter that only had 11 days notice).

Your right, it wasnt forced. He stepped up and put it all on the line against a dangerous guy what two divisions above where he is usually fighting? Its the culture more than anything in the sport, they challenge themselves more than most boxers I think but in boxings defense the upper echelon of the MMA dont have to lose what the upper echelon of boxers do. A lose isnt looked at as the end of someones career like it sometimes is in boxing and Ill be real honest with you I thought Connor was gonna beat the brakes off of Diaz especially with the short notice. Surprise surprise, its why I like watching the UFC and I prefer boxing. The upset is always in play in the UFC, not so much in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
              I won't say there goes his hype, he jumped up 25lbs in weight, all he does now is move back to 145lbs and say the lost was because of size.
              He will probably go to 155 and fight dos anjos the original guy he was supposed to fight.

Comment

elerbe loves floyd

Comment

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
                  if he was smart he'd go up one pound and create his own division like Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by JaguaresMx View Post
                    honestly, I got way more excited about UFC tonight than i have over boxing in some time, heart racing

Also, Conor didn't prove he is hype, he proved he is stupid. Why is he going to 170 after winning a title at 145?

Some of you bring mayweather, but if floyd moved up from 145 to fight a guy at 168, he gets creamed too. Not because he sucks, but because that's just stupid.

either way, great night for UFC. Super exciting. I am in
                    Yea but from what I'm reading they both fight 155. The reason the fight was at 170 is because Diaz was a replacement and wouldn't make 155 in time. So it's not like Diaz is a 170 fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                      They're just gonna play up the fact that Conor went way up in weight. Plus he got finished on the ground after dominating on the feet.

If he had lost this way against Frankie Edgar it would have crushed his hype.

But I think he'll be fine after this.
                      yea conor was already talking about weigh as if diaz is a real 170 pounder lol.. and diaz rocked him standing up, thats why he won

Comment

Working...
                      X