Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Donald Curry ever be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Donald Curry ever be inducted into the Hall of Fame?

It's a damn shame he hasn't been voted in yet. Every year like a broken record I ask why they have not yet put Curry in. Not that I don't think that Mark Johnson isn't worthy as a HoFer, but personally I would have picked Curry over Johnson. Sure he had a short prime, but he was one of the finest fighters to step in the ring and also the top fighter of the 80's after Leonard retired. His fall from grace shouldn't stop him from being inducted. Mike Tyson was like Curry and he's now a Hall of Famer.

I'm sure he'll get in eventually though, much like Hamed, Starling, Zapata and W Vazquez. Curry is probably my favorite textbook fighter alongside Ricardo Lopez.
    Last edited by Flo_Raiden; 12-10-2011, 11:15 AM.

Guess not a lot of people know who the Lone Star Cobra is. Shows what people know about boxing...
    He's more worthy to the HoF than Tszyu and Johnson.

Comment

Mark Johnson isn't a worthy HOF'er.

And like I said in the History Section;

Donald Curry should certainly be in the HOF over Mark Johnson. No question about it.

I think Curry is a deserved HOF'er but I think there are still many who deserve to be in over him.

I'd much prefer the likes of Bert Lytell, Eddie Booker, Pone Kingpetch, Tiger Jones and plenty of others before Donald Curry gets inducted.

On the other hand, I'd say Donald Curry belongs in over the likes of Cotto, Hatton and a lot of the fighter from this era who some people believe should be.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Mark Johnson isn't a worthy HOF'er.

And like I said in the History Section;

Donald Curry should certainly be in the HOF over Mark Johnson. No question about it.

I think Curry is a deserved HOF'er but I think there are still many who deserve to be in over him.

I'd much prefer the likes of Bert Lytell, Eddie Booker, Pone Kingpetch, Tiger Jones and plenty of others before Donald Curry gets inducted.

On the other hand, I'd say Donald Curry belongs in over the likes of Cotto, Hatton and a lot of the fighter from this era who some people believe should be.
        What he said.

Comment

i don't know the answer.

Comment

Working...
          X