No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner vs Austrailian school teacher - who wins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The3 View Post
    At some point people will acknowledge this legend in the business. I don't recall Manny having a top tier actor in his movie. Hell, Floyd doesn't even HAVE a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I though Pacquiao beat Horn by a mile. By actual count he landed 160 punches to Horns 80 punches so how could he not win? He almost KOed Horn in the 9th and should have recieved 2 points for that round. Horn was allowed to fight a very dirty fight and got a home country robbery. Get Horn out of Australia where he has to follow the rules and can't maul and wrestle and use headlocks, chokeholds trips and headbutts and he isn't very good. Horn is slow enough that Broner can hit him hard and often. On neutral ground I think Broner can beat him.
      yeah it was one of the worst robberies ive ever seen. it taught me that people on here dont pay enough attention to fights and actually bother to see if punches land or not. they just saw horn mauling forward and that means he won, 'he dictated the pace, he roughed him up' yeah but he didnt actually land punches which is quite crucial in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
        yeah it was one of the worst robberies ive ever seen. it taught me that people on here dont pay enough attention to fights and actually bother to see if punches land or not. they just saw horn mauling forward and that means he won, 'he dictated the pace, he roughed him up' yeah but he didnt actually land punches which is quite crucial in boxing.
        All of the damage Manny inflicted was one round. Three other rounds he outworked Horn.

One round was a swing round that I gave to Manny.

Outside of that, Horn imposed his will and won a close fight that shouldn't have been allowed to get close.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
          All of the damage Manny inflicted was one round. Three other rounds he outworked Horn.

One round was a swing round that I gave to Manny.

Outside of that, Horn imposed his will and won a close fight that shouldn't have been allowed to get close.
          i know horn is your man but he landed half the punches of pacquiao according to compubox and his connect percentage was something abysmal like 10 percent. compubox isnt always right but it matched up with exactly what i saw, he was missing literally 9 times out of 10. i didnt watch the fight live and when i watched the replay i couildnt believe people were making out it was a close fight that could have gone either way.

Comment

it would be a majority draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
              i know horn is your man but he landed half the punches of pacquiao according to compubox and his connect percentage was something abysmal like 10 percent. compubox isnt always right but it matched up with exactly what i saw, he was missing literally 9 times out of 10. i didnt watch the fight live and when i watched the replay i couildnt believe people were making out it was a close fight that could have gone either way.
              You're only paying attention to punches. I've said this before.

Who was getting walked down? Manny.

Who was on the backfoot half the fight? Manny.

Who was busted? Manny.

Who was getting tossed around? Manny.

Now, the thing is, Horn didn't dominate Manny, Manny didn't dominate Horn. It WAS a close fight IF you pay attention to factors other than punches. Horn's lateral movement was superb, Manny couldn't barely put punches together. A pot-shotting Manny doesn't look impressive. Horn, while not accurate, was aggressive, and most judges score for that.

The fact of the matter is this. Manny Pacquiao should have walked through the guy. But he took him lightly, didn't half train like he should have, and judges made sure to let him know.

Comment

Pretty much any top 20 guy who sticks to his game plan and ignores broner's "stylin" has a good chance of beating him.

Even Molina was tagging him pretty easily and could have won if he didn't let the "stylin" throw him off.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  You're only paying attention to punches. I've said this before.

Who was getting walked down? Manny.

Who was on the backfoot half the fight? Manny.

Who was busted? Manny.

Who was getting tossed around? Manny.

Now, the thing is, Horn didn't dominate Manny, Manny didn't dominate Horn. It WAS a close fight IF you pay attention to factors other than punches. Horn's lateral movement was superb, Manny couldn't barely put punches together. A pot-shotting Manny doesn't look impressive. Horn, while not accurate, was aggressive, and most judges score for that.

The fact of the matter is this. Manny Pacquiao should have walked through the guy. But he took him lightly, didn't half train like he should have, and judges made sure to let him know.
                  Punches landed is the main criteria when it comes to scoring boxing fights

Walking people down scores points in boxing? I thought it was clean and effective punching.

Pacquiao was on the back foot half of the fight? So Horn was on the back foot the other half. How does that contribute to your argument of Horn winning the fight? Even though you don't lose points for being on the back foot.

Pacquiao was busted up because of head butts... Or did you only look at pictures and saw Pacquiao bleeding and assumed it was from a barrage of punches?

I didn't know being tossed around scored points in boxing. I guess these are new rules I wasn't aware of.

Horn had lateral movement? I must have missed it. Pacquiao couldn't put punches together because Horn smothered him, not because he had "superb lateral movement." Pacquiao landed almost twice as many power punches as Horn, so if he was pot shotting wtf was Horn doing?

Pacquiao vs Horn was a clear robbery, almost as bad as the first Bradley fight. Pacquiao won the majority of the rounds. I'm actually surprised the referee allowed the fight to go on in the 9th round. I've seen fights stopped on much less punishment. Horn looked like he got hit with a baseball bat upside the head after that round.

Comment

Originally posted by badass316 View Post

Walking people down scores points in boxing? I thought it was clean and effective punching.

Pacquiao was on the back foot half of the fight? So Horn was on the back foot the other half. How does that contribute to your argument of Horn winning the fight? Even though you don't lose points for being on the back foot.

Pacquiao was busted up because of head butts... Or did you only look at pictures and saw Pacquiao bleeding and assumed it was from a barrage of punches?

I didn't know being tossed around scored points in boxing. I guess these are new rules I wasn't aware of.

Horn had lateral movement? I must have missed it. Pacquiao couldn't put punches together because Horn smothered him, not because he had "superb lateral movement." Pacquiao landed almost twice as many power punches as Horn, so if he was pot shotting wtf was Horn doing?

Pacquiao vs Horn was a clear robbery, almost as bad as the first Bradley fight. Pacquiao won the majority of the rounds. I'm actually surprised the referee allowed the fight to go on in the 9th round. I've seen fights stopped on much less punishment. Horn looked like he got hit with a baseball bat upside the head after that round.
                    Majority of punches landed by Pac was in one or two rounds he dominated so metioning the total punch stats is only half the story.

Manny lost more rounds than he won. To a school teacher. Smh

Comment

Show me the official scoring book that says this. You won't find one, because they're all equal criteria.

Walking people down scores points in boxing?
                      It does if the judge says it does. it's called Ring Generalship.

Pacquiao was on the back foot half of the fight? So Horn was on the back foot the other half. How does that contribute to your argument of Horn winning the fight?
                      Manny was on the backfoot for 4 rounds. Horn was on the backfoot for 3 rounds. Horn clearly won three other rounds, one round was a swing and I gave it to Manny. and one round they went toe-to-toe (Round 12) and I gave it to Horn.

Pacquiao was busted up because of head butts
                      Don't matter. Pac was busted.

I didn't know being tossed around scored points in boxing.
                      It does if the judges say it does.

Horn had lateral movement? I must have missed it.
                      Yes you did. You missed every time Pac went for his signature three piece and only landed the first while Horn went to the right to evade the southpaw stance. He did it in at least 4 rounds. Manny switched to counter punching which is where he got successful, Round 9 he went full offensive but couldn't get Horn out of there because Horn was smart enough to stay moving and not trade. Round 10, Manny was demoralized Horn didn't quit, Horn made him pay. (Manny's OWN words, he wanted the guy to quit because he didn't want to hurt him. LOL)

Comment

Working...
                      X