Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brook vs. Spence: Who Has the Better Chin?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brook vs. Spence: Who Has the Better Chin?

I have seen a lot of threads talking about how Spence got buzzed by Larte, a guy who is not a big puncher.

What these threads don't mention is that Kell might have an even more suspect chin- and against Spence, that isn't good news.

"Bubububububut, Kell took everything Lil g had and stayed on his feet so his chin must be granite, right?"

Aaah no, not really.

Triple L was noticeably sloppy that night while Kell moved very, very well. It's possible that Brook didn't get caught flush much. But we do know Grimbumpkin caught him solid at least once, to the tune of a broken orbital socket...but that aint the chin or the temple, the usual places you get knocked silly.

But we DO KNOW Kell can be wobbled and it doesn't take a big puncher to do it.

We already know about Carson Jones a guy with a 55% KO rate.

Not mentioned as often is Karl David, who Brook faced in his 14th fight. David has a career 30% KO ratio, yet he did this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjweITRzXpo

Then, there is also the fact Kell was wobbled in the Senchenko fight. Yes, Senchenko does have some pop but he isn't the puncher Spence is. Here is that clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieqs53GOHfY

The point is, if you want to discuss whether or not Spence has a glass jaw, you might also want to check out Kell's china first.

Spence wins. We all know it.

Comment

His name is GGG, not Grimbumpkin, Ass hole.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        His name is GGG, not Grimbumpkin, Ass hole.
        Gonadal Gonhorreavich Greyluvkin, got it! Thanks...idiot.

#Mandown

Comment

Well on paper given the competition level, Brook does, but he has been dropped, i don't think Spence has been dropped

But in truth anyone can hit the canvas if the right punch lands

Spence hasnt been in the ring with a big puncher, so Brook has the better chin on paper

Comment

I think Brook's chin is tested and seems to be decent. Spence's chin hasn't really been tested yet as far as I'm aware, and this should be his biggest test. But just looking at Spence physically, he looks to me like the kind of guy who is vulnerable (kind of like Amir Khan), if you know what I mean. But that's just my speculation, he could have a good chin in reality.

Comment

Brook has been chin tested way more than Spence. He did take big MW shots from GGG and never went down once. Porter also has power and hurt Thurman a few times but didn't hurt Brook at all. Brook has been hurt but nothing that bad.

Spence's best win was against a bloated light welterweight who he weight bullied and Spence walked through his shots because Algieri can't crack an egg. Algieri was landing clean and his biggest possible shots on Khan and didn't even hurt him.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                Well on paper given the competition level, Brook does, but he has been dropped, i don't think Spence has been dropped

But in truth anyone can hit the canvas if the right punch lands

Spence hasnt been in the ring with a big puncher, so Brook has the better chin on paper
                Brook has been dropped and hurt by crap punchers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                  Brook has been dropped and hurt by crap punchers.
                  Yes true, but he's still been in the ring with bigger punchers than Spence

Comment

Originally posted by Cobra_ View Post
                    Brook has been chin tested way more than Spence. He did take big MW shots from GGG and never went down once. Porter also has power and hurt Thurman a few times but didn't hurt Brook at all. Brook has been hurt but nothing that bad.

Spence's best win was against a bloated light welterweight who he weight bullied and Spence walked through his shots because Algieri can't crack an egg. Algieri was landing clean and his biggest possible shots on Khan and didn't even hurt him.
                    Shenchenko was landing clean....even had Brook dancing.

Malinaggi toyed with that guy.

Even a nobody like Carson Jones had him busted up and hurt.

Brook gets hit way more than Spence.

Comment

Working...
                    X