Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd is indeed a cherrypicker

At least Broner didnt demand Maidana wear pillow gloves

Comment

Floyd ****s will never say anything bad about him. He supposedly wasn't at his peak either yet those forementioned fighters will busy beating each other up while Floyd conveniently retired only to come back after all were in wars then he decides to fight them
      Floyd TBE doe!

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
        Were any of those fighters at their best when he fought them? That's why they call them cherry picks.
        You beat me to it I said the same thing.

I mean look at a guy like ODLH who Floyd was jealous of all his career. Criticize Oscar all you want(fishnets, coke or whatever) but look at who he fought and when he fought them. He fought a prime killer in Trinidad, prime and juiced up Mosley, prime Quartey, a juiced up killer in Vargas, a very good prime Oba Carr, Knocked out a prime Genero Hernandez years before Floyd fought him, KO'ed a very great fighter in Rafael Ruelas, and fought but lost to a young(for him) Hopkins. He may have taken some L's but dude tried and dared to be great along the lines of SRL, SRR, Ali and those guys. Its very hard to make that same statement with Floyd.

Floyd fought some very good fighters but its all about when he fought them.

Giving credit to Floyd for fighting Mosley, Pacman, and Cotto when he fought them, is the same as giving Oscar credit saying he fought the best Chavez Sr.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
          neither was Floyd
          I knew you were going to say that. But Floyd's style and the guys he fought when he fought them kept Floyd a prime fighter for a way longer time. So saying Floyd was just as washed up as those guys when he fought them is not accurate. Floyd didn't have to wait to fight those guys, because he was a fresher fighter but he waited on those guys to lose their edge before he got in the ring with them.

Comment

Pacquiao
            Maidana
            Cotto
            Canelo
            Hatton
            Jmm
            Ortiz
            Guerrero Mosley

all after Oscar...if that is cherry picking then fighters need to cherry pick more

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              Name all the fighters of this generation that has a better resume than this cherry picker.
              I asked him that and he ignored it

Comment

Originally posted by madsweeney View Post
                Were any of those fighters at their best when he fought them? That's why they call them cherry picks.
                Manny-p4p#2 WBO champ--people demanded this fight

Cotto-WBA 154 champ.went on to win 160 lineal title-people demanded this fight

Mosley-P4P#3 WBA champ at 147-people demanded this fight

Canelo-unified/ring champ at 154-p4p top 10-people demanded this fight
                -
                i can post threads before each of these fights and he was picked to duck or lose

if this is cherry picking then these fighters need to cherry pick more often

Comment

Originally posted by larrys.o.g View Post
                  I asked him that and he ignored it
                  they'll continue to ignore it cause if they even try they'll look like bigger morons than they already are.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                    I agree Floyd is a great fighter and the best of this last 10 years, but when he fought Cotto, Pacman, Mosley and Canelo they were far from being at their peak in their career.
                    Nor was Floyd at his peak..

Comment

If Floyd is a cherry picker..please list all the current fighters who have better resumes and achieved more..PLEASE ILL WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X