No announcement yet.

the final word on who wins...a grappler versus a boxer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the final word on who wins...a grappler versus a boxer

Juggernaught, mods, Joe, etc...this is it, this was the final, the last word, the tome of which the coda is written: want to know who wins? the grappler or the striker? LOOK no further, anybody gonna date themselves like me? I remember this!! Two very nice guys btw,

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/an...20Smart%20List

Anyone else remember this? Gatti was the second coming of New Jersey via Montreal and this was the first: the Bayonne Bleeder versus the Montreal monstrosity!

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
    Juggernaught, mods, Joe, etc...this is it, this was the final, the last word, the tome of which the coda is written: want to know who wins? the grappler or the striker? LOOK no further, anybody gonna date themselves like me? I remember this!! Two very nice guys btw,

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/an...20Smart%20List

Anyone else remember this? Gatti was the second coming of New Jersey via Montreal and this was the first: the Bayonne Bleeder versus the Montreal monstrosity!
    I watched that fight live on closed circuit TV at the Olympic Auditorium. It was the undercard fight for the awful Ali-Inoki match from Japan. Certainly one of the strangest events I've ever seen.

Comment

There are films of Andre' out there when he was 19 years old and another at 22
      and he was incredibly athletic and agile too. weighing about 295lbs. at 7'1".
      He was hampered in life by gigantizum and his spine pain was crippling as he grew to 500+ pounds.
      His stunt with baseballs Bob Uker remains one of the funniest "sports out takes" ever!

Comment

Muhammad Ali vs Inoki - was the most foolish thing ever done by Ali & his camp. For 15rds Inoki lay on the floor and kicked lumps, out of the legs of Ali the supposed "Dancing Master"..

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboyx2 View Post
          Muhammad Ali vs Inoki - was the most foolish thing ever done by Ali & his camp. For 15rds Inoki lay on the floor and kicked lumps, out of the legs of Ali the supposed "Dancing Master"..
          Worse than the Holmes fight?

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
            Worse than the Holmes fight?
            Ali was hospitalized with multiple blood clots on his legs from all the kicks delivered by Inoki while on his back. No doubt this accelerated the end of his career and softened him up even more for Spinks, Holmes, and Berbick,

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              There are films of Andre' out there when he was 19 years old and another at 22
              and he was incredibly athletic and agile too. weighing about 295lbs. at 7'1".
              He was hampered in life by gigantizum and his spine pain was crippling as he grew to 500+ pounds.
              His stunt with baseballs Bob Uker remains one of the funniest "sports out takes" ever!
              Nice guy also...but not one to screw with! I am sure you heard the "Volkswagen" story about Andre... Some wise guy Montrealians (whatever the residents are called lol) were giving Andre a hard time at a bar (why one would pick on a giant i'll never understand but I digress...) So andre gets pissed and there are 3 of them. they run out and into a Volkswagen Beetle. So Andre picks the car backend up, and smiles as they are hitting the gas and going nowhere fast. I think he wound up tipping the thing over in a snowbank.

Comment

I thought this was the final word on a grappler versus a boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  I thought this was the final word on a grappler versus a boxer.

Lol. There you go!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                    Ali was hospitalized with multiple blood clots on his legs from all the kicks delivered by Inoki while on his back. No doubt this accelerated the end of his career and softened him up even more for Spinks, Holmes, and Berbick,
                    Wasn't he pretty much shot by then already? Or at least, after the Spinks rematch?

Comment

Working...
                    X