Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Vitali Klitschko "dominate" Lennox Lewis?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    That heavier/fat version of Lewis was a much slower version, he had no where the same acceleration and in turn his punches were not quite as hard. An in-shape Lewis was a thunderous puncher while that version was a good puncher.

I would favour an in-shape Lewis without hesitation. I watched a fat, slow Lewis beat Vitali. Prime for prime I would give Vitali a punchers chance and nothing more.
    Just to chip in here. Lewis had been slower for a number of years, always hiding behind his left hand. At some point in his career, Lewis became very cautious, it can be seen even in the Holyfield fights although he outweighed and outsized him. it was Holyfield who was making the fights interesting.The Tua fight as well as several others. And opponents he should easily have knocked out, he ground down in boring distance fights. Rather like Klitschko does today.

Comment

• But Lewis ALWAYS look out of breath.

That don't mean anything though.

That's just the way he looks. He's a lazy azz pumba.

Look at Bruno.. a Pre Prime Lewis looked like he was DYING from lack of oxygen.. yet he dominated Bruno later on and knocked him out.

Briggs.. Lewis in Round One looked WORST than he did against Vitali in round 2.. yet he end up destroying Briggs.

Even in Ruddock... In the first round.. he barely seem focused.. but than he took it to another gear and knocked out Ruddock.

Lennox Lewis have 3-4 gears.
      Against Vitali.. he was on gear #2... by the 6th.. We didn't even see Gear 3 or Gear 4.

Against Rahman in the first fight.. he was just getting ready for Gear 2 when Rahman sneak attacked him like a punk.

But Lennox got him back good.. flattened the mother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        But Lewis ALWAYS look out of breath.

That don't mean anything though.

That's just the way he looks. He's a lazy azz pumba.

Look at Bruno.. a Pre Prime Lewis looked like he was DYING from lack of oxygen.. yet he dominated Bruno later on and knocked him out.

Briggs.. Lewis in Round One looked WORST than he did against Vitali in round 2.. yet he end up destroying Briggs.

Even in Ruddock... In the first round.. he barely seem focused.. but than he took it to another gear and knocked out Ruddock.

Lennox Lewis have 3-4 gears.
        Against Vitali.. he was on gear #2... by the 6th.. We didn't even see Gear 3 or Gear 4.

Against Rahman in the first fight.. he was just getting ready for Gear 2 when Rahman sneak attacked him like a punk.

But Lennox got him back good.. flattened the mother.
        When Larry Merchant told him "it looked like you were getting tired" an incredulous Lewis responded, "I was just getting my second wind."

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
          Anyone who claims to know what would've happened without the cut is an idiot. It was fairly even, but Vitali was ahead. Both were struggling with the pace.
          Vitali was struggling even more by the 6th.. Man y'all need to stop watching HBO.

HBO hates Lennox dude. If you watch HBO.. they give false info.

They have no idea wtf they were saying .Lennox caught his 2nd wind..

He walked back to the corner at the 6th end and told Manny

'I GOT HIM NOW MANNY NEXT ROUND.. RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW'

than the doctor stopped the fight. TBH.. it's Lennox who got robbed. robbed of a more defining KO.

Man Fuk HBO. and fuk racist Larry Baby Fgt Merchant.
          I'm glad he's gone. He hating on Lewis for YEARS cuz Lewis destroyed the American dreams.. God damn fuking HBO and DON King wanted Lennox DEAD.

Comment

• Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
            Vitali was struggling even more by the 6th.. Man y'all need to stop watching HBO.

HBO hates Lennox dude. If you watch HBO.. they give false info.

They have no idea wtf they were saying .Lennox caught his 2nd wind..

He walked back to the corner at the 6th end and told Manny

'I GOT HIM NOW MANNY NEXT ROUND.. RIGHT NOW RIGHT NOW'

than the doctor stopped the fight. TBH.. it's Lennox who got robbed. robbed of a more defining KO.

Man Fuk HBO. and fuk racist Larry Baby Fgt Merchant.
            I'm glad he's gone. He hating on Lewis for YEARS cuz Lewis destroyed the American dreams.. God damn fuking HBO and DON King wanted Lennox DEAD.
            Lewis dominated the sixth and that was a round where Vitali did nothing but try to hold on. If anything, he was fatigued and hurting bad with cuts and swelling all over.

Comment

• Igive Viatli credit trying to make the bout into a brawl, I understand that! To me if Lennox boxes this guy he exposes the fact that the Klitz can't chew gum and walk! Everyone presses them yet no one is a pressure fighter. If you take the center of the ring away from them and make them use their legs to set themselves up I believe you'll see that their size effectiveness when coming to their opponents is their downfall when you make them move!
              Again I give Vitali credit and I don't trust Lennoxs chin once he got more and more fatiqued! Exciting? Yes!!! A great showcase of boxing talent by the Champ and number One contender....................NO!
              I've said it since I joined here that these "oversized" heavies are limited and other than Lennox who did start young enough, and was taught good fundimentals they ALL are clumsey and have an uncoordinated balancing to them.
              Against a young Ali I doubt they could hit him. It would be like jumping on to a Merry Go Round, ain't happening and when you try.......you'll get hurt!
              Joe Louis would weave under the jabs and come with striaght right hands to the body and these guys would never defend against his hook because they don't show that they can defend against anything!!! They just reach out and try to grab!! Big George would take all night probably but once he walked them down these guys would look like they were "shot"!!
              I see stiffness in their bodies as punches land, and I see their eyes wided as punches come in, I see so many reactions that are wrong thats why I know they can't handle real pressure! They're so limited in their performances unless their opponents come to them! Thats it, its what I see and I've been hired to be in the corners of up and comers, contenders and champs to help them evaluate and attack whats going on in the fight! I was good too!
              Ray.

Comment

• When Larry attempted to talk down to Lennox. Lennox grabbed the mic and totally destroyed Merchant..

Merchant got so scared ROFL.

Larry urinated his own pants .. Larry can only talk back to midgets like Floyd. but not against a 6'5'6-6 top 5 ATG HW..

Dumb azz George Foreman trying to talk shyt like he always do .. He been talking since the mid 90's.. Hating On lewis.

George even sang the AMERICAN NATIONAL ANTHEM when Lewis lost to Rahman.

George Foreman in a nut shell:

Rahman I: WE GOT A AMERICAN HW CHAMP. HIS FUTURE IS GREAT. SKY IS THE LIMIT. WHAT A FIGHTER.

Rahman II: Ya.. Rahman is a average fighter..

Fat Boy Grill ***** lucky it was Moorer instead of Lewis that night or he woulda been beat the fuk down like a dog.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  Igive Viatli credit trying to make the bout into a brawl, I understand that! To me if Lennox boxes this guy he exposes the fact that the Klitz can't chew gum and walk! Everyone presses them yet no one is a pressure fighter. If you take the center of the ring away from them and make them use their legs to set themselves up I believe you'll see that their size effectiveness when coming to their opponents is their downfall when you make them move!
                  Again I give Vitali credit and I don't trust Lennoxs chin once he got more and more fatiqued! Exciting? Yes!!! A great showcase of boxing talent by the Champ and number One contender....................NO!
                  I've said it since I joined here that these "oversized" heavies are limited and other than Lennox who did start young enough, and was taught good fundimentals they ALL are clumsey and have an uncoordinated balancing to them.
                  Against a young Ali I doubt they could hit him. It would be like jumping on to a Merry Go Round, ain't happening and when you try.......you'll get hurt!
                  Joe Louis would weave under the jabs and come with striaght right hands to the body and these guys would never defend against his hook because they don't show that they can defend against anything!!! They just reach out and try to grab!! Big George would take all night probably but once he walked them down these guys would look like they were "shot"!!
                  I see stiffness in their bodies as punches land, and I see their eyes wided as punches come in, I see so many reactions that are wrong thats why I know they can't handle real pressure! They're so limited in their performances unless their opponents come to them! Thats it, its what I see and I've been hired to be in the corners of up and comers, contenders and champs to help them evaluate and attack whats going on in the fight! I was good too!
                  Ray.

I think I somewhat get what you are saying.. I need to read this post 4-5 more times to make sure though.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    Yeah no effect. Sure. I don't know who was hitting Vitali that left him with a black and blue swollen cheeckbone, cuts in two places, bleeding from the mouth and an eye ready to fall out. Maybe it was Manny Steward who did it. Yeah, that's it. Well...whatever Lewis was doing, it got him a six round TKO.
                    You are a guy who always either loves to talk nonsense or can't help himself.Every single thing you've said is highly hyperbolic nd exaggerated. Where the dickens do you guys get "eye going to fall out" and all that crap. His eye was not even a tenth closed. He had a cut across his eyebrow, with no swelling, a bit of bruise below his eye with no swelling, and couple of small superficial cuts which had a little trickle down.This is all in the day's work for a fighter. They train for this sort of thing. it's the luck of the draw.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
                      So, THAT uppercut in round 6 had no effect?

You're kidding, right?
                      I suppose that next you're going to "accuse" THAT uppercut of cutting Klitschko's eyebrow.

There's never any comment which can be suitably made to a guy who exaggerates and invents his facts the way you do. Of course you are not alone, there are loads of other TV watchers who see only the the hazy outline of what's really happening in the ring.

Comment

Working...
                      X